Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings

+3
Valentine
Adminassassin
soaring_wings
7 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings - Page 3 Empty Re: Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings

Post  Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:48 pm

It's barely been a day since I was made a reviewer for Nintendo Life and I'm already getting requests on Backloggery. The people want me to do Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories in particular

Back to top Go down

Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings - Page 3 Empty Re: Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings

Post  Donth8 Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:54 am

Terra wrote:It's barely been a day since I was made a reviewer for Nintendo Life and I'm already getting requests on Backloggery. The people want me to do Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories in particular

When I first read your post, I was confused. That kind of post should be posted at the videogame section but I looked at your BL page and saw some of those comments. Must be irritating.

You should tell them that you don't take request and that you will review any game that you want because you are the reviewer and it's your choice. Tell them that request may be possible in the future but not at the moment.

If the request doesn't stop, you can turn off your comments. (But that won't stop them from sending your PMs)
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:15 am

All I've put down on my status is a request for no reviews right now. Simple but effective I think.

And thanks for your comment on the page, hopefully that'll be enough to stop review requests for the time being.

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:17 pm

They need to realize that most of what you review isn't going to be decided by you.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Well at the moment, I'm suggesting what games I can review and Dazza then decides, that's the system in a nutshell. As there are a couple of other new reviewers as well, It's also so two of us don't accidentally both write a review for the same game

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:43 pm

@ Terra, that sounds tough man. Neutral

Good Luck is really all I can say D:

Unrelated, but I think this needs to be said. I 'shouted' it on my BL too.

Most of the people who know me on Nintendo Life (I'm pretty sure) are either indifferent about me or dislike.
I'm fine with that, but I wish they would realize that I've changed. I had a meltdown Sunday or Monday night. (Fuzzy)
Ever since I've been upbeat, and have had a positive outlook on life. This is the first time in 2 years that I've felt this good. Very Happy

I just wish some people would recognize that. I'm not saying, "FORGIVE ME" I'm just telling them that I'm not going to try and bite anybody's head off anymore. I'm calm cool and collective for once :/

Most of you who are from the NL are very good friends, and I thank you for being here for me :3
I just think that it needed to be said. If It didn't... well I said it anyway :/
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Don't let others influence your decision Tony. They can't make you leave NL just because they don't like you.
This is the internet. You don't need to take it so seriously. Wink

Speaking of NL, I won't be staying there long either. I'll be migrating to Kinectaku once that site launches under a new username and start from scratch. I'm gonna unleash my inner 360 fanboy. Razz
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:16 pm

@Donth8
Thanks! Very Happy You're right.

I just thought it should be said.
Anyway, can I join said 360 fanboy club when it comes out? :O
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:54 pm

Terra wrote:All I've put down on my status is a request for no reviews right now. Simple but effective I think.

And thanks for your comment on the page, hopefully that'll be enough to stop review requests for the time being.

Congrats on the position Terra! Makes me want to venture into NL...but I can't handle two gaming news sites at once (and I'm already following one)....so I'll probably just lurk and read your reviews.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:37 am

I'm sticking with NL...I really want write for them someday. Razz
But I also love the community and will be sticking with Ninty with the 3DS. (Who knows if/what console I'll get next gen, though.)
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Thanks guys.

I follow 2 sites already, Nintendo Life and 1UP. I do love Nintendo Life for it's community though, otherwise there's no chance that I would've stuck around like this there for 2 years.

There are a couple of others which I check infrequently (I did check Mundorare until recently, and on rare occasion Joystiq). Since I own all 3 major consoles, I'll definitely be active on Kinectaku and Movemodo as well. Might see if I could get a reviewing role on Movemodo at some point too but I'm not gonna get ahead of myself just yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Yay! Donth8, Terra, and I could be Kinectabuddies! ...

Anyway, I'm sorry for being so wtf recently XD

Curs'd mood swings scratch
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:20 pm

@Terra You're welcome dude. Smile

@Tony Yeah we're definitely Kinectaku buddies. Smile

Don't get me wrong, NL is one of the friendliest community on the internet but it's getting a little too crowded for my taste. Not enough breathing room. You know what I mean?

I'll still be here in KS and BL so no worries.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:48 am

Awesome Donth8 :3

I'M BACK BTW. MY COMPUTER DECIDED TO KILL MY HARDDRIVE, SO I GOT A NEW BETTER ONE Cool
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:09 pm

I wanted to say somethin'.

-stands on a soap box- Razz

I wanted to tell all of you that I've finally fixed most of my problems. As in, believe it or not, in a few weeks I have radically changed.
So I understand if some of you are thinking, 'this guy is effed up man. He's always wigging out or changing or something.'
Well yes. I was. I am no longer impulsive. In fact, last night I felt like screaming at you guys and acting impulsive.
Why? Because it was 1 am, and I had just lost a game, and I wanted to cause drama.

Now look around; I don't see a post by me @ 1 am.

I feel great. I'm serious. So give me a 2nd or 3rd or 4th chance. It may sound weird, but I finally am thinking clear. (1st time in my 18 yrs!)

Only if you have it in your heart. Now that I think about it, I've already posted something very similar to this. Well that only strengthens the resolve that I am a different person.

Thanks. :3
-jumps off of soap box- Razz
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm glad to see things are getting better for you Tony Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Last edited by Terra on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:45 pm

@Terra, you're not alone w/ the deja vu.

I've gotten that while playing many games.

Creepy stuff dude. Rolling Eyes

Aspergers dudes unite! cheers
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Creepy indeed. One of those things I guess cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Yessir Terra!

So how is everything going in the UK? Hopefully good. Smile
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Terra, you hit th emagic 300, getting you to 4 stars.

I'll assume that this news will lower your need to vent by 2-4%. Wink
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:46 am

@Tony - Yeah, everything's fairly good atm thanks. How's it all up at your end?

@Admin - Maybe a little lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:19 am

It's going well!

Going off to Community College on the 31st, and I'm actually excited for it, so wish me luck! Smile

btw Admin, I may be a liiitle inactive, but I'll make the time to come on and see how all of you are doing :3
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Good luck with that, I'm sure you'll do fine. What are you studying?

Btw, what's the difference between a Community College and a normal College, or is it just one of those terms that differ between Countries? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:19 pm

I dunno what I'm doing yet Terra, and that is the joy of CC.

Community College is a cheaper alternative to a College. I'm fuzzy on the exact differentials, but you can transfer from a CC to a 4 yr College w/o taking the dreaded SAT. (Test that you have to pay for to see which colleges want you)
With CC, you take basic courses, like math, english, etc. After 2 years of that, you can transfer, even if you didn't take the SAT

Another big difference is that CCs (I think) don't boast big programs, such as Astronomy, for example.

Hope that cleared it up ^^;

If not, ask me or google search it. (I'd google search, b/c I'm not the no. 1 person on this topic Razz)
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next