Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings

+3
Valentine
Adminassassin
soaring_wings
7 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings - Page 6 Empty Re: Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings

Post  Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Ah, the old forum vent, could've used this several times since it went inactive beforehand. Well, here goes again

Terra wrote:We all have our own stuff to do, to get on with and eventually we'll move onto newer things, new places and new people, often leaving behind the older stuff such as our friends (Be it friends we see irl or online friends). Sorry to go on, I've been thinking about growing up lately (Thinking about lots of things I guess). Makes me feel sick. I think my problem is that I'm afraid of forgetting, the future, change, just life and death really. The one day at a time approach is how I prefer to think about things, I don't feel so sick then.

This issue's risen for me again. It's honestly one of my greatest fears, growing up, moving on and leaving the past behind. It's exciting but at the same time, scary all the same. Doesn't help after reading a manga with coming of age themes (NGE: Angelic Days) earlier today. That issue of forgetting is certainly the one which plays on my mind most, I'd certainly be quite bad if my school ever did a reunion, I'm sure I'd have trouble remembering most people. One day at a time is all well and good but only up to a certain point.

I think I need to move away once I've finished at Bournemouth Uni in 4 years. Somewhere like Southampton or Portsmouth sounds good at the moment. Maybe even London, who knows

Back to top Go down

Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings - Page 6 Empty Re: Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings

Post  Starlight Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:24 pm

Terra wrote:Ah, the old forum vent, could've used this several times since it went inactive beforehand. Well, here goes again

Terra wrote:We all have our own stuff to do, to get on with and eventually we'll move onto newer things, new places and new people, often leaving behind the older stuff such as our friends (Be it friends we see irl or online friends). Sorry to go on, I've been thinking about growing up lately (Thinking about lots of things I guess). Makes me feel sick. I think my problem is that I'm afraid of forgetting, the future, change, just life and death really. The one day at a time approach is how I prefer to think about things, I don't feel so sick then.

This issue's risen for me again. It's honestly one of my greatest fears, growing up, moving on and leaving the past behind. It's exciting but at the same time, scary all the same. Doesn't help after reading a manga with coming of age themes (NGE: Angelic Days) earlier today. That issue of forgetting is certainly the one which plays on my mind most, I'd certainly be quite bad if my school ever did a reunion, I'm sure I'd have trouble remembering most people. One day at a time is all well and good but only up to a certain point.

I think I need to move away once I've finished at Bournemouth Uni in 4 years. Somewhere like Southampton or Portsmouth sounds good at the moment. Maybe even London, who knows

I'm sure you'll remember friends in a reunion. I'm still looking for an old friend as I have almost found everyone of my very old school friends. pirat
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Friends are one thing, I'm not worried there. It's the others that concern me. And I hope you find this friend of yours soon man Cool

Still though, I do worry that in 20 years time or something, I'll forget people and their faces. It's natural I suppose if you haven't seen someone for so long but still...

Last edited by Terra on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:42 pm

What is this I don't even. KS is actually back on? Swag.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:47 pm

Valentine's back, yaaaay Razz
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Starlight wrote:
I thought this place died when I joined... Neutral

No, it died earlier this year, around January, I think. I wasn't on when it died and only realized when I came back a bit later. Sad
You joined at the perfect time, right during the revival. Hopefully it works out. :3

Valentine wrote:What is this I don't even. KS is actually back on? Swag.

Yeah~ You're back!! I'm sorry I haven't yet replied to your question about when KS is back, but now you already know the answer to that! xD
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:30 am

Ninty wrote:Yeaaah...I'm not that kind of person who likes to vent about his feeling and such. (Well, rarely)

In short, my case is pretty similar to what Tony's was. It's been over 8 months and that specific person still acts like a crybaby. What's even better that she acknowledges me as a disgrace to this world. Very Happy But I don't care, maybe she'll forgive me one day, or not. Dunno if it's a huge loss or not. At first, it felt like losing a family member or such.

Really, I just wanted to share something with you guys. This place rocks. You guys rock. We need to rise and crush other communities (well, maybe not yet). But it feels so great writing here again. Smile

yeah it is >.>

Regardless, we all make mistakes. Some can be taken back, some can't. But hey. It's the fact that you tried to fix it that counts. Besides, you learn from your mistakes. I know I have Wink
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 am

It's all good, Ninty said something on my BL about KS, so here I am. Razz
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:38 pm

soaring_wings wrote:
No, it died earlier this year, around January, I think. I wasn't on when it died and only realized when I came back a bit later. Sad
You joined at the perfect time, right during the revival. Hopefully it works out. :3

Yeah and we should go on chat sometime. Very Happy
terra wrote:
Friends are one thing, I'm not worried there. It's the others that concern me. And I hope you find this friend of yours soon man Cool

Still though, I do worry that in 20 years time or something, I'll forget people and their faces. It's natural I suppose if you haven't seen someone for so long but still...

Thanks...although I doubt I ever will....

Yeah, true.
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Starlight wrote:
soaring_wings wrote:

Yeah and we should go on chat sometime. Very Happy

I think I'm on when everyone's not here. I rarely see the online sign on your pictures or see names in the chatbox/who's on KS now at the bottom of the page. Maybe one day I'll be here at the right time! xD
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:37 am

soaring_wings wrote:
I think I'm on when everyone's not here. I rarely see the online sign on your pictures or see names in the chatbox/who's on KS now at the bottom of the page. Maybe one day I'll be here at the right time! xD

True, although I saw Valentine on here yesterday but not on the Chat for whatever reason.

If you can't find me here I always have Skype on when I'm on this PC so you could chat with me there whenever I am on the Interwebz. afro
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:18 am

I probably didn't see anyone in the chat, so I didn't log in. o.o
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:46 am

Valentine wrote:I probably didn't see anyone in the chat, so I didn't log in. o.o

It doesn't show anyone until after you log on for some reason...but I was on Skype too so you should keep Skype online when you are on the PC. Razz
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:19 pm

I could actually do that. I'll add the Skype plug-in to my main messenger, that way you can message me that way if you want.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Valentine wrote:I could actually do that. I'll add the Skype plug-in to my main messenger, that way you can message me that way if you want.

Cool.
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm

It's been a long time since I actually posted something relevant to this topic.

This happened on my way home from school today.

So me and a few friends (there were five of us btw) were at the transit center waiting for the bus to arrived. This guy was walking towards the mall (he just got out of a bus and was a few meters away from me and my friends) and all of a sudden he started swearing at us because apparently we gave him "the look" or something like that. Now I don't see how this is our fault here. We were just sitting on grass and it was damn hot outside. The sun's glare is what probably made us squint.

Now here's the crazy part. None of us said anything back to him and he just kept swearing at us. He said some really mean words and he even dropped the c bomb once or twice. At corner of my eyes, I could see him advancing towards us. He said: "You guys wanna effin' go right now? You think this sh*t's funny?". FYI no one was laughing btw. That's when I got a little nervous. Fortunately, I knew how to choose my own battles so I replied: No. He walked away but he added: "That's f*ckin' right you don't."

Well, even though there were five of us, (two girls and three guys) I doubt we could've taken him on. He was bigger than any of us and judging by how comfortable he was with getting into a fight, he probably carried a knife.

In my head, I kept thinking: I love the mall and all but then there are people like him. Apparently we can't even look in their general direction without them resorting to hostility. cat

Last edited by Donth8 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Damn, that's harsh. I know there are weird people like the one you mentioned, but still, why do they always have to cause trouble? Do they think it's funny to make a group of people nervous? Do they blow off some steam by stirring trouble?

The conclusion: that person, even though he's not a child, is still a Taygetus positive.
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:52 pm

What an awful situation. Sounds like you handled it well though, but geez, you never know what some blockhead is gonna do.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Donth8 wrote:It's been a long time since I actually posted something relevant to this topic.

So me and a few friends (there were five of us btw) were at the transit center waiting for the bus to arrived. This guy was walking towards the mall (he just got out of a bus and was a few meters away from me and my friends) and all of a sudden he started swearing at us because apparently we gave him "the look" or something like that. Now I don't see how this is our fault here. We were just sitting on grass and it was damn hot outside. The sun's glare is what probably made us squint.

Now here's the crazy part. None of us said anything back to him and he just kept swearing at us. He said some really mean words and he even dropped the c bomb once or twice. At corner of my eyes, I could see him advancing towards us. He said: "You guys wanna effin' go right now? You think this sh*t's funny?". FYI no one was laughing btw. That's when I got a little nervous. Fortunately, I knew how to choose my own battles so I replied: No. He walked away but he added: "That's f*ckin' right you don't."

Well, even though there were five of us, (two girls and three guys) I doubt we could've taken him on. He was bigger than any of us and judging by how comfortable he was with getting into a fight, he probably carried a knife.

In my head, I kept thinking: I love the mall and all but then there are people like him. Apparently we can't even look in their general direction without them resorting to hostility. cat

Sounds like a bad place you were at...I know if it happened where I live...he'd be two seconds on the ground...and probably kicked to death (no joking).

If I was on my own, I'd be scared...but at least I know some Karate if anything happened.

You did mostly the right thing...but if he was asking for a fight, five of you should be able to disable him quite easily....remember that your achilles heel is your weak point so a simple sweep hitting it would render him on the floor and then it'd just be as simple as pinning him down and taking out any belongings on him in case he does have a knife....report the police and that's about it.

I'd still go for your option though.
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:41 pm

Starlight wrote:
Donth8 wrote:It's been a long time since I actually posted something relevant to this topic.

Sounds like a bad place you were at...I know if it happened where I live...he'd be two seconds on the ground...and probably kicked to death (no joking).

If I was on my own, I'd be scared...but at least I know some Karate if anything happened.

You did mostly the right thing...but if he was asking for a fight, five of you should be able to disable him quite easily....remember that your achilles heel is your weak point so a simple sweep hitting it would render him on the floor and then it'd just be as simple as pinning him down and taking out any belongings on him in case he does have a knife....report the police and that's about it.

I'd still go for your option though.
If that ever did happen, the part where he's down on the ground is where I say: "NOW'S OUR CHANCE FOR AN ALL OUT ATTACK!"
*Persona reference* cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Donth8 wrote:
If that ever did happen, the part where he's down on the ground is where I say: "NOW'S OUR CHANCE FOR AN ALL OUT ATTACK!"
*Persona reference* cat

lol or "Everyone focus on OFFENSE!" - Valkyria Chronicles reference.
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:04 am

Last edited by Terra on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 am

I am such a not fan of people discriminating and hating because they've forgiven themselves of their own sins by calling themselves Christian. Kinda missed that whole part of the bible about casting stones.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:35 am

I'm done with my exams, so it's officially summer for me. Razz
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Get paid on Friday (I hope).

Been told I make many mistakes in my work by the guy who's teaching me but the one who runs the main parts said everyone is messing up...then the guy I am with goes "He's under a lot of pressure because of you"...

Funnily enough, he gets told off for missing something himself...

I get on with the dude but please don't insult my intelligence....it's like when he said Titan (a moon on Saturn) was full of iron or something, I corrected him that it's Sulphite (or however you spell it) but he insisted it was his...¬_¬

Sometimes I just don't get the guy.
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next