Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

+2
soaring_wings
Super Smash Bros. Fan
6 posters

Go down

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Empty Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 pm

One of the greatest video game system of all-time just received it's own thread here. Discuss everything about the system here.

My favorite video game from there would be Super Mario World, but I haven't played enough out of the SNES to decide. Still, you gotta admit, the system is amazing.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Empty Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Post  soaring_wings Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Definitely my favourite console (even if I never owned it xD ).

I haven't played a lot of SNES games, but the ones I have I have loved. My favourite game for the system is also my all time favourite game: Chrono Trigger.

I don't own it on the SNES, but I do own the DS version (which is my favourite handheld system). :3
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Empty Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Post  Ninty Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:36 pm

:O

It has freakin' Breath of Fire I & II! :O
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:42 pm

My very first videogame system and I was 6 when I got it. Those were the good ol' days, now it's all about graphics and stuff.
My very first game for the system was Super Mario World, go figure.
I also had Disney-Capcom games like Alladin and Lion King.
But the game that stood out from the rest (for me alteast) was Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I wish I had Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid at the time.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Empty Realas SNES ramblings

Post  Reala Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:32 am

Great system has my overall fav 16-bit title aLttP and one of my fav RPG's Chrono Trigger, nice controller especially the introduction of shoulder buttons, and the Super Gameboy was a neat addition too, SNES was and still is a lot of fun, hoping VC will bring some of the SNES version FF games to Europe at last, love VC imports.
Reala
Reala
Kricket Inductee
Kricket Inductee

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:01 am

This is the only Nintendo system I didn't have when I was growing up. Neutral Now that I have one and have played SNES games my favorite are definitely: Breath of Fire, Super Mario All-Stars/World, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Pocky and Rocky, and Super Metroid. I know there's a metric ton of games I haven't played for the SNES yet.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Empty It's because of this system I'm even here

Post  Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Easily my favorite system of all time. I grew up playing it, having a steady diet of Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Mega Man X 1-3, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV and also, later on, Super Mario Kart, Street Fighter II, and the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I also, despite not at the time really knowing how to play them, experienced RPGs that went on to be absloute classics, RPGs like Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals and Chrono Trigger.

Now, with the Wii's Virtual Console, I've added so much more to my love of the system - Super Metroid is a masterpiece, F-Zero is such an awesome racing game, Breath of Fire II was a really entertaining RPG, Super Castlevania IV is fantastic, Super Mario RPG is a pretty slick game (even though Paper Mario will always be my favorite, and even after playing the DS version of Final Fantasy IV, it's the 16-bit one that really captures my heart.

I still need to re-try Secret of Mana and look forward to trying even more SNES games in the future. Seriously, this box has my heart, and probably will until the end of time. :3

Back to top Go down

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Empty Secret of Evermore

Post  soaring_wings Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:20 pm

Anyone played it before?

It was one of the first ARPGs I tried along with Secret of Mana and Kingdom Hearts. I realized I always got to the last age and stopped playing for varies circumstances. I have a few games that this tends to happen to. Next time I start it, I hope to finally finish it. xD
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down