Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS General Discussion

+3
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Adminassassin
soaring_wings
7 posters

Go down

DS General Discussion Empty DS General Discussion

Post  soaring_wings Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Since the other systems have their own general discussion, I thought I would make one for my favourite system as well.

Do you like the DS? Any thoughts about the 3DS?
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

DS General Discussion Empty Re: DS General Discussion

Post  Adminassassin Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:29 pm

The DS is my favorite system actually. It's probably gotten the most playtime, especially with Pokemon, Ace Attorney, and so many other great games on it.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 pm

I know the Nintendo DS is an excellent system, but I can't seem to get into it. I have one, but I don't use it much. Then again, I mainly prefer console games, so that might be the reason for the lack of interest on the handheld.

However, I am looking forward to the 3DS, looks like it'll be fantastic.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

DS General Discussion Empty Heck yes I love the DS

Post  Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:46 pm

It's seriously my favorite system after the godliness that is the Super Nintendo.

Absolute goldmine of awesome games, especially RPGs...I can't get enough of the little thing. :3

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:51 pm

@Super Smash Bros. Fan: I can understand what you mean because I have the exact opposite problem. For me it is really hard to get into console games since I'm so used to playing on portable where-ever. I'm hoping to change that soon and actually try to finish at least one console game (excluding the computer which I am always on ^^;; ).

For 3DS, I'm curious what kind of 3D Nintendo has in mind. I've come across two possible ways:

1. By moving the DS, the 3D inside the screen moves along to show different angles of the room. This tech utilizes the camera to detect motion.

2. The same tech that 3D phones use: screen is made so that images seem to pop out. Basically utilizes the way your eyes work and fools them into thinking things are coming out of the screen.

I hope everyone understands the above. I've basically summarized the description. It makes sense to me, but I'm terrible at explaining things. ^^;;;;

I also hoping Nintendo does the first approach because I can see a lot of cool ways developers can use that kind of technology rather than two which seems more geared towards AMVs.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:31 pm

Meh. It's good but I like the GBA much more.
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:51 pm

I still have my DS Lite that I got back in '06.
The Nintendo DS is my favorite handheld system. Not as strong as the PSP in the graphics department but the DS has better game. Some of my favorite DS games are TWEWY, FFIV, Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Pokemon HeartGold, Pokemon Pearl, Mario Kart DS, and Metroid Prime Hunters.

3DS? I'm a lil' skeptical about it at the moment. Nintendo is all about innovation but I just want to play games and please no more gimmicky stuff. Sad
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  kowwmann Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:49 am

my ds... well... she's well used if you know what i mean...
kowwmann
kowwmann
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=kowwmann

Back to top Go down

DS General Discussion Empty Reala & DS

Post  Reala Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:02 am

Handhelds have always taken a backseat to consoles for me, but DS is a great system, the stylus touch screen we now take for granted, opened up so many new gaming possibilities, the real reason I bought it was Zelda, but also got some decent Sonic out of it too, so I'm definitelly happy with my DS, as for 3DS I'm curious as to what the specs will be.
Reala
Reala
Kricket Inductee
Kricket Inductee

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Reala wrote:Handhelds have always taken a backseat to consoles for me, but DS is a great system, the stylus touch screen we now take for granted, opened up so many new gaming possibilities, the real reason I bought it was Zelda, but also got some decent Sonic out of it too, so I'm definitelly happy with my DS, as for 3DS I'm curious as to what the specs will be.

yeah, I do wonder about that as well. Most people are speculating that it will have GameCube graphics, but I'm skeptical about that. Nintendo has seen that using less powerful technology in interesting ways is the way to go, so I don't think the graphics will be that much stronger. I do hope they will at least be at PSP levels so people can stop whining about the 3D games on the DS. I actually like the chibi 3D look, but than again, I'm someone who is fine playing games with NES style graphics. Cool
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down