Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings

+3
Valentine
Adminassassin
soaring_wings
7 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings - Page 5 Empty Re: Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings

Post  Donth8 Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:15 am

I wasn't sure what a cortisone was so I had to look it up.

Does it hurt? cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings - Page 5 Empty Re: Venting Your Thoughts and Feelings

Post  Tony Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Wisdom Teeth getting pulled on the 27th!

sunny
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:17 pm

Tony wrote:Wisdom Teeth getting pulled on the 27th!

sunny
I had both bottom wisdom teeth extracted during spring break earlier this year. I was put to sleep. The surgery only took 20 minutes. When they woke me up, I wanted to go back to sleep. It wasn't that bad except I couldn't go to the beach and flirt with the tanning babes because my cheeks were swollen. I looked like a chipmunk. Yeah, your cheeks will be swollen for about a week.

Just take your painkillers and you'll be fine. cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:54 pm

Donth8 wrote:I wasn't sure what a cortisone was so I had to look it up.

Does it hurt? cat

Yes, you'll find that it's an anti-inflammatory steroid. The actual injection itself didn't hurt tremendously because I took a very strong, temporary prescription for anxiety. So, I was almost entirely on another planet. Of course, once the "sedatives" wore off, I felt like someone took a brick across the back of my shoulder. The whole point of this, however, is to narrow out issues and hopefully negate needing surgical repair.

monkey
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Had my wisdom teeth pulled too, but not all at once. That is probably why I wasn't asleep for the procedure. All I can say is, I took my prescription painkiller a bit late and after the stuff the dentist injected wore off, it was really painful until the painkiller finally kicked in. Plus it's a pain in the ass because you can't touch the wound until it's healed, so half my mouth was dirty and unbrushed for about a week. (too much information? I guess so. lol.) Unlike Donth though, my mouth did not swell.

I would not have gone again, due to how inconvenient it is to have half your mouth unusable for 4-7 days, but the tooth on the other side of my jaw started growing as well and it was painful because my jaw was too small for my wisdom teeth. I probably should have had it pulled right away instead of waiting because I ended up getting an infection where the tooth ripped my gum trying to get out. (Let's just say I waited until I knew I could not bear the pain any longer both times. I hate going to the dentist and the doctor. xD )

Sorry for the graphic descriptions. xD
Hope you have a better experience with your teeth. I'm just glad I don't have any more of them to pull, pain in the ass I say!

Last edited by soaring_wings on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I think I was asleep when I wrote this changed unconvienced to inconvenient. >///////////<)
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:18 am

I only have 3 wisdom teeth, and the dentist claimed that two of them were impacted. One of them has been coming in, but I'm not wasting my time with surgery until there's an actual problem. I noticed that American dentists, before the recession and back in their "fat cat" days, were ordering a lot of frivolous wisdom tooth removals to the point that it was being treated like a usual procedure for everyone, just for the sake of profit. I'm soooooo glad I dodged that.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:49 pm

So there's this a**hole on BL lately. I won't mention his username but he's quite the douche. Since I've had that MGSR theme, all he's done is comment how Raiden is "not cool". Ok, so he doesn't like the dude on my banner as much, I can understand that but what pisses me off is that he hasn't said "in my opinion" once. He states it like a fact and he doesn't give a reason to back it up. I've already had to delete his comment on my page once. He intentionally mentions it in NL chat too when I'm there. He said "Kojima made Raiden a break-dancing robot ninja, but he's still not cool." I don't know exactly why he's doing this. I've never done anything to him but I won't waste my time arguing. I've already blocked him.

Oh by the way. He also happens to be the same guy who said subsequent playthroughs of MGS2 is impossible because the game sucks that much.

I'm not going to feed the troll cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:23 am

That's really annoying but you're taking the right approach.

Either he'll get bored or he'll forget about it, since a reply would just remind him and, as you said, feed the troll.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:35 pm

*gasp* Donth8 caught me! haha I'm kidding. I don't know the first thing about MGS. ...except the Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAKE dun dun DUN!

Back on topic, It happens. Trolls love to bring people down for no reason at all. Just laugh and move on Donth8. Laughing it off as in thinking: "Wow. This guy is really going out of his way to try and Piss me off." Or maybe he's jealous of you! silent

sunny
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 am

I don't get why someone would get so adamant about a game character that they'd complain about it to someone who clearly disagrees. Does he not have anyone to vent his MGS fury at that would care to discuss that with him? I always feel bad if I come off malicious to someone.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I haven't heard from him for quite awhile now. He's an NL regular so it's a little tougher avoid him there but I usually browse the forums and pop in chat during certain times now so yeah. I doubt he knows that I blocked him.

I could unblock him on BL but I'm not sure if I should really take that chance.
cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:19 am

On BL, you're limited to 100 friends... so I would make them count.

I keep hearing about NL. I'll ask the same question here as I did on BL. Is it a decent forum to join?
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Overall, yes. It was at its peak in 2009, and is slightly overcrowded now, with a few too many new/young users for my tastes. But overall its pretty decent and definately active.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Last edited by Terra on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Done and done. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, please give the appropiate spanking/butt-kicking to said cousin.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:36 pm

How old is your cousin if you don't mind me asking? Shocked

Also your name is still blue.
cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:38 am

Donth8 wrote:How old is your cousin if you don't mind me asking? Shocked

Also your name is still blue.
cat
He's about 12 years old, can be rather annoying at times. But justice will be served. And yeah, that's a bit strange with the name thing. Not that I mind though Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:01 pm

It was easier to just take away editing powers for the time being. Now your name is back to good ol' yellow.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Adminassassin wrote:It was easier to just take away editing powers for the time being. Now your name is back to good ol' yellow.
Ah, I thought the colour change was a normal setting for when we become mods.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:23 pm

So, I've had the week off college, as part of half-term holiday which was rather nice but it had it's up's and down's throughout, and the worst came yesterday (Seems I have no luck with the ladies). Well, I gave it a shot and things could've gone worse, so I have no regrets at least but still...

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:13 pm

SO F**KING HOT!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...not so good for me. *Weakness is heat*
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:02 pm

YEAH Starlight's on KS!! Very Happy Very Happy
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:57 am

soaring_wings wrote:YEAH Starlight's on KS!! Very Happy Very Happy

I thought this place died when I joined... Neutral
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Yeaaah...I'm not that kind of person who likes to vent about his feeling and such. (Well, rarely)

In short, my case is pretty similar to what Tony's was. It's been over 8 months and that specific person still acts like a crybaby. What's even better that she acknowledges me as a disgrace to this world. Very Happy But I don't care, maybe she'll forgive me one day, or not. Dunno if it's a huge loss or not. At first, it felt like losing a family member or such.

Really, I just wanted to share something with you guys. This place rocks. You guys rock. We need to rise and crush other communities (well, maybe not yet). But it feels so great writing here again. Smile
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Ninty wrote:Yeaaah...I'm not that kind of person who likes to vent about his feeling and such. (Well, rarely)

In short, my case is pretty similar to what Tony's was. It's been over 8 months and that specific person still acts like a crybaby. What's even better that she acknowledges me as a disgrace to this world. Very Happy But I don't care, maybe she'll forgive me one day, or not. Dunno if it's a huge loss or not. At first, it felt like losing a family member or such.

Really, I just wanted to share something with you guys. This place rocks. You guys rock. We need to rise and crush other communities (well, maybe not yet). But it feels so great writing here again. Smile

I can't imagine getting that close to an online member...but then again, I have extended family that ignore conflicts as if nothing happened and act strange so it's adaptable.
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next