Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E3 2011 Thoughts and News

5 posters

Go down

E3 2011 Thoughts and News Empty E3 2011 Thoughts and News

Post  Adminassassin Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Microsoft's presentation was completely underwhelming, to me at least. I don't want Halo or Kinect crap. Sony actually impressed me with the Vita (especially the price) but not much for the pS3 itself besides Uncharted (on both systems actually) but I like seeing Popcap, Rockstar, and ATLUS as Vita developers. I hope Nintendo can convince me that they have something or else I might be going the VIta way, stupid name or not.

What is with new consoles and stupid names? lol, but I'm actually really impressed with the 3DS lineup announced, especially Luigi's Mansion 2 and a SMASH BROS!! I like the sound of the Wii U's capbilities but I think they'll need this year to actually work on some titles to impress me, (BESIDES THAT SEXY ZELDA)
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

E3 2011 Thoughts and News Empty Re: E3 2011 Thoughts and News

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:08 am

Last edited by Terra on Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:31 pm

I wanted No More Heroes 3. Razz But lol, it was a pretty nice E3 after all. Minus the Microsoft Conference, which was pretty boring and kinectical, whooo.
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:08 pm

I was semi disappointed in all of them....announcements but rarely a game that is available now.

Usuallly E3 has at least half the games comign out in the next 2 months but it seems we have to wait til at least September from the just announced games whilst the ones we know about and heard about last year are still taking ages to come around.
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:44 pm

I've only had time to watch the Nintendo conference (but I do want to watch Sony's as well; I'm not going to bother with Microsoft since I don't own a 360).

Wii U does look interesting, but I was disappointed with no news about XenoBlade or Last Story. Sad

As for what I shall be buying? Just a 3DS for now. I may look into Vita or Wii U depending on the games and the state of my backlog when they come out. Both look so good, but I feel like I should probably skip this gen or at the very least only commit to one system (3DS). Ah well, 2012 is a long way to go and I bet it will take at least a year for a well rounded library so I shall hope I will be able to make a dent into my backlog by then! bounce
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:59 am

I have to agree with Starlight. The lack of interesting games disappointed me. I added two new games to my wishlist that I wouldn't have caught interest in otherwise: Tomb Raider and new Uncharted PSVita game. Well, I don't plan on buying a launch system/handheld in its first year as has always been my motto (See: Dreamcast, PSPGo, etc), so that leaves Tomb Raider. The other games, that I knew about, that I was happy to see trailers and/or demos for were the new Sly game, Assassin's Creed and Uncharted 3. That's about it. Last year, I felt like there was a dozen new games that I didn't know about until E3. This year it's just a crap ton of FPS games.

The Wii U controller... I'm extremely curious as to how much they'll cost to replace. The other thing is that, so you're playing Zelda or golf or whatever and your buddy turns on baseball, how do you play that spiffy golf game on that pad controller device now? You lose the innovative feeling is how. For every game you can play solely on the pad, that's another game where you don't really need the pad which sounds like all of them judging by Fils-Aime's speech. So, I get the impression that the pad isn't going to really be that significantly huge in gameplay. Sooo... I dunno?
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down