Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games

+2
soaring_wings
Valentine
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Empty 30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games

Post  Valentine Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Objective: A picture challenge to be done in 30 days.

How to Follow the Format: Respond with the day's theme, your answer in short, a single image (only the one, so make it count and stuff) and any comment/description you have about that game. Then, feel free to add your reply to other users.

For People who Fall Behind: If you fall behind where you haven't done Day 5-7, and the current day is 8, just make a new response for each day you missed or compile them into one response. This is why it's important to start your response with the theme of the day that you're doing. Razz

I'll set the pace by starting each day.

List:
Day 1 - Very first video game.
Day 2 - Favourite video game you've played so far.
Day 3 - Your video game crush.
Day 4 - Video game you’re ashamed you enjoyed.
Day 5 - Video game character you feel you are most like.
Day 6 - Most annoying video game character.
Day 7 - Favourite opening.
Day 8 - Funniest video game scene.
Day 9 - Game you're most looking forward to.
Day 10 - Best Sequel.
Day 11 - Favourite Shooter.
Day 12 - Favourite fighting game.
Day 13 - Most nostalgic game/brings back the best memories.
Day 14 - Most epic battle or scene ever.
Day 15 - Most overrated game.
Day 16 - Favourite video game system.
Day 17 - Favourite Online Game
Day 18 - Game you loved that no one seems to have heard of.
Day 19 - Best role playing game.
Day 20 - Worst sequel.
Day 21 - Best video game song.
Day 22 - Last video game you bought.
Day 23 - Video game you think had the best, or most intriguing, graphics.
Day 24 - Favourite main character.
Day 25 - Favourite villain.
Day 26 - Favourite boxart.
Day 27 - Favourite video game couple.
Day 28 - Game you wish you played but didn't.
Day 29 - Favourite video game company.
Day 30 - Least favourite video game.

Last edited by Valentine on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : updating)
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Empty Re: 30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games

Post  Valentine Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Super Mario Bros.
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Supermariobros
My mother bought a Nintendo that came with this game. At the time I was just a baby, and the gift was really for my older brother; however, I'm still gonna say this is the first. Other runner-ups may include Metroid, Kid Icarus, Slalom, Volley Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:45 pm

This is actually a neat idea~

Day 1 - Very First Video Game

Super Mario Bros. 3
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games SMB3cartridge
I believe it came with the NES my parents got me. They bought it rather late into it's life and it was the only game I got for it. Frustrating as hell. xD
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:36 am

Resident Evil (GCN)
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games ResidentEvilGCN
This game stole me from the pit of gamer apathy. Back in 2002, I ceased to have much care for video games anymore. I wasn't a huge fan of the boxy graphics in the prior generation, and the GameCube, though a vast improvement on graphics, lacked a Zelda game and was in possession of quite possibly the most yawn-driven Mario game I had ever played. Then, one day my mother randomly came home with Resident Evil per recommendation of a coworker. It was the perfect blend of horror and sci-fi ambiance for a thirteen year old girl.

----

@soaring_wings, good to see I'm at least not doing this all alone. xP
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:20 am

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (GameGear)

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Sonic_The_Hedgehog_2_SGG_ScreenShot1

Oh boy, I remember the day when my parents got me a GameGear when I was 4 or maybe 5 years old. They leaned towards the GG instead of the GameBoy, mainly because this had colorful graphics. Anyway, my first game for it was Sonic 2 and to this I still it's one of the greatest Sonic games ever made. For some odd reason, some people tend to hate this game, especially the GG version, since the screen is cropped.

No More Heroes (Wii)

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Nomoreheroes1.1

Sure, Breath of Fire V was my favorite game for more than a year, but then came No More Heroes. Arguably one of the best titles on the Wii that everyone should get. And it's not even expensive! Furthermore, I really, really loved the characters in the game: they're some of the most well-developed characters in VG history. I can't think of any games I've finished a dozen times besides BoFV.
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:16 am

I bought Sonic 2 last year 'cause I found it for a buck in a pawn shop. That game was ridiculously hard to me. Razz That or I suck at old Sonic games.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:04 am

Jill Valentine
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Jillvalentine
This isn't creepy or weird at all. Well, maybe it is if you're a homophobe (f33r teh gay), but I have celebrity crush on

Julia Voth
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games JuliaVoth
who is, in fact, not pixelated hotness but real hotness. To clarify confusion as to what she has to do with anything, she is the model for which Jill's likliness was contrived. To create realistic characters, Capcom designers literally scanned images of actual models into their database to fit to the appropriate character models. Pretty cool tech stuff.

:3 I broke my own rule already. Ah well.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:13 am

Chrono Trigger
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Chrono_Trigger_sceenshot
This game will probably remain my top favourite until something else can capture and exceed the magic I felt playing this game. The time travelling, the music, the battle system, they were all amazing and I felt as if I was truly experiencing an epic in video game format. It was a little weaker on the side of the characters, but still really good. Plus that mid-game twist. I never saw it coming and I can't recall another game doing something similar.

N (from Pokemon White/Black)
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games N
I wouldn't call him my crush, but N is probably the closest character (right now) akin to a crush. I found him so adorable yet tragic. I found his plight touching, probably because I've watched too many cruelty to animals documentaries and know where he is coming from. The ending was so bitter sweet; I just want to hug him. x3
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:02 am

Yuko Takao (Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne)

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games YukoTakao

I really don't know why, but she has puuuurfect legs. Razz She's one the main characters in the game and she plays a huge role during the Conception. You don't meet her very often, but damn, she looks nice. Smile
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:31 am

Day 4 - Video game you're ashamed you enjoyed.

iTouch games
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Itouch4g
All of them. For not being real games and stuff.

Only not really. I only chose this, because if you're going to be ashamed of a freakin' video game, you might as well be ashamed of them all. That and because some weirdos whine about iTouch games aren't real games. Eh?
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Empty Super post!

Post  Donth8 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:49 pm

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Original
The game that got me into gaming pretty much. I'm probably one of if not the youngest member of Kricketstomp. I was still in my dad's balls when the NES came out so the SNES is the system I grew up with. It was standard for owners of the system to have Super Mario World. It was the only game I had at the time. Played the hell out of it and eventually expanded my collection with some Disney Capcom games, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, and FFIV etc.

Trivia: Despite being my very first game, I've never actually found all the 96 exits. Shame on me.tongue

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games 2087778
Oh man. I can't even tell you guys how much I love this game. I love it. I love it! I LOVE IT!! I'd make love to it every night if I can. Too much info? My favorite game of all time. Nuff said. Back when it came out for the Gcube in '05, I would stay up till 2 in the morning playing it because I couldn't stay away from it. After 6 years, it can still hold its ground against other Game of the Years. Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption got nothing on this baby!

Trivia: Despite not being on my BL's Now Playing list, I still play the game every weekend.

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games 250px-Amy
omigosh! eeeek! HAha, guess the cat's out of the bag. I scream like a giddy little schoolgirl when I see this lass. Two of my fetish (here it comes, you ready?) are redheads and gothic lolitas. Amy Sorel from SoulCalibur IV is like the best of both worlds. I love her. I LOVE HER! She is my main and I'm not afraid to admit it. Ah jeez. I'm blushing Embarassed

Personal Trivia: Right now, my best friend closely resembles Amy except the hair is shorter and no pig tails. I had a crush on my best friend a few years back. You guys can kinda see where this is going. She just needs to wear some gothic lolita outfit and I could die a happy man. lol just kidding. Hopefully she'll never read this. She'd kick my ass like there's no tomorrow...Yes, I might still have feelings for her but let's not get into my personal bubble now.tongue

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Free-hidden-object-games-54
*awkward silence*...um yeah. Go ahead and pester me with your kitchen jokes. I don't care what you guys think lol. I actually enjoy this game because it's pretty bad that it's actually good. NEVER EVER play this game on an empty stomach because it will make you hungry. Consider yourselves warned. Check my BL, I have 2 Cooking Mama games for the Wii.

Trivia: It was originally my sister's game. cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:01 pm

I was always wondering of Cooking Mama was any good actually. XD It looks entertaining enough.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:46 pm

(Sorry for the tardiness. D:)

Chloe Frazer
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games ChloeFrazer
"Frazer is an impulsive and reckless adventurer. She is witty, devious, and fun-seeking. Frazer is also a very sexually forward character" (Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia..../Chloe_Frazer ). Sounds about right.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:50 pm

Sorry for the delay, but there's no way I can do this every day, so I'll probably do this 1-2 times a week instead. Definitely wanted to contribute though. Blah Blah blah; Anyway, here we go...!

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Pokemon_Red_Version_GBC_ScreenShot4
Pokemon Red (Released in 1998, played in 2000)
My parents were real against me getting any video games for the longest time, so I wasn't allowed to have one until I turned 10. (Btw I'm interpreting this as "first game owned" not "first game played" cuz hell if I remember that!) I played this till the batteries died, and then get new ones and continue. I played through this game numerous times (and its sequel, Silver) and yet I've never cared enough to level to 100 (legitimately) or catch them all (f--k buying multiple versions!)

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games 1d20f5d7833d7710.jpg 30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Persona3drama1vc6
TIE: Persona 3/4 or Metal Gear Solid 2/3
Man, I'm gonna get shot for cheating here, but let me explain myself. I see these games and their sequels as very similar (not in a bad way) so it's impossible for me to choose 2 over 3 (MGS) or 3 over 4 (P.) So lets say that narrows it down to "two games," which is still not one. Sorry! Persona represents the most addictive, fun game I've ever played (I played through both games in just a few weeks, playing them for 4+ hrs a day) and one of the most stylistically and functionally smooth RPGs (or any genre) games I've ever played, out of the hundreds I own or have owned. MGS 2 and 3 represents the game that got me with their story (a big thing I look for in games.) Say what you want about their long-windedness or their occasional weird@$$ convultedness (I won't argue lol) but few games have torn my heart asunder and made me feel for characters likethe MGS series did for Emma/Otacon (2,) The Boss (3,) or Snake himself (4, excluded due to weaker than others.)

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games 9800-wcc_large
Companion Cube
How can you not love those smooth edges, those heart symbols and the way it bounces when you set it down...JUST KIDDING!
I didn't really know what to put for this one, lol. That's not to say I don't have one, but I couldn't think of any compelling enough to list. (I assumed this was crush as in 'attracted to', versus 'character you felt strong emotional ties to.') Also, you technically crush the cube. Amongst other things. (IM SORRRRY!!!)

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Strong-bads-cool-game-for-attractive-people-episode-4-20081111104359272_640w_1226965203
Telltale Games
It isn't because they're bad games or anything, but they're pretty easy and pretty short (admittedly, I like these qualities in games) so sometimes I feel like I didn't quite earn that 2 hour :B: compared to going through a 50 hour Final Fantasy. As if anyone is really keeping track. Besides me.
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Junpei_fullsize
Junpei (Persona 3/FES/P3P)
What can I say? I'm the kind of guy who would like be like "Monsters?! Alright! I'm gonna grab my baseball bat and have fun with this!"
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:10 pm

@Valentine Cooking Mama doesn't even really warrant a rent. Maybe a borrow from a friend. Wish it had Wii Motion + support.

Also, holy sh*t! Chloe from Uncharted 2!? HOT DAMN! Shocked

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games 2172569
Henry Townshend from Silent Hill 4: The Room
This was a tough theme. Not gonna lie. When I played through SH4 for the first time, I noticed that my reactions and Henry's reactions are very similar. When something totally effed up and weird comes up while playing the game, I would say "What the hell?" and Henry would follow it up with his own "What the hell?". It always cracked me up and I swear it's his catchphrase.

Trivia: I attempted to make a stuffed animal from Build-A-Bear that looks like Robbie the Rabbit from SH3, SH4, and SH: Homecoming. The finished product looks nothing like him unfortunately.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:02 am

I know the 4th day took me a while, but here I come.

Shaq Fu (Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis)

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games ShaqFu

Yeaaaaaah...I know this is a pretty bad game in general and besides the somewhat clunky controls, I had some fun with this game. There are far worse licensed games out there and Shaq Fu, in my opinion, manages to stay between good and bad.

Guybrush Threepwood (From the Monkey Island series)

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Guybrush

What can I say, I'm a sucker for adventures. His idiotic item mixing inspired me to do the same. His signature quote "Yikes" is also a common word I say every day.
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:40 am

Day 5 actually took me a long time to really think of a legit answer, because I wanted the most honest pick. Chloe is pretty much a perfect match in personality. xP

And dude, I want a stuffed Robbie. XD Now I'm gonna actually go into one of the Build-A-Bears and see if that's possible.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:42 am

Bentley
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Bentley
I think he was the lamest playable character in Sly 2 and dreaded his missions the entire time. Then, he turns up in the third game with a wheelchair and actually isn't half as bad anymore. I still love to hate him anyway.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:01 am

Destroyman (No More Heroes)

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games 186172-destroyman_large

Oh boy, you people can't even believe how annoying he was in No More Heroes. What's worse is that he was brought back to NMH2 and he got even more annoying! That boss fight on the hardest difficulty was simply a major pain in the butt. But the music against him (or them, haha) was pretty good in Desperate Struggle.

Thank God that he's not one of the "good guys" in the game.
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Ah yes, the crotch laser. I remember that. Razz

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Hqdefault
Sticky from Fallout 3. I did not discover the location "Big Town" before the "Picking up the Trail" quest. The side-quest that he gives you is to escort him to Big Town. Since I couldn't use fast-travel to Big Town, I was forced go there by foot from Little Lamplight. Easy enough right? Not with the Super Mutant encounters along the way. During the trip, he would constantly annoy you with questions such as: "Are we there yet?". The quest fails if he dies, forcing you to restart. As a final kick in the teeth, he gives you his party hat as a reward for escorting him. That's it.

Trivia: I already thought Sticky was annoying and that was before I saw machinima's "The Annoying Man" series.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:40 am

Metroid: Other M
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Metroidotherm
Stupendous opening to this game. It was an unbelievable synopsis to the ending of Super Metroid. The visuals and sound effects were fantastic.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Day 7 - Favorite opening
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Shepherd-Normandy
Those who played this game will know what I'm talking about. The game begins by throwing the player right into the action. You're immediately introduced to the presence of an unknown new threat. I couldn't stop saying: "What the f*ck is going on here?!". Props to BioWare for Mass Effect 2's opening. Very action packed and contains some of the prettiest real-time explosions I've seen in a videogame.

Trivia: During this opening sequence, Commander Shepard still comes off as a jerk even if you chose the neutral response in the conversation wheel. cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:46 pm

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games ValkyriaChronicles2-620x

A war just started...on your peaceful country...you have no choice but to sign up to defend it!
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Day 7 - Favorite opening

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Nintendo Wii)

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games No-More-Heroes-2.2

This game has a really damn good opening. The music fits the mood, the narrator is awesome too (by the way, it's the person who voiced Colonel in Metal Gear Solid) and overall it's a very serious one...until we see Travis. Oh boy, I love this game too. Smile
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Neopets: The Darkest Faerie
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Darkestfaeriescreen
I got this when I was really into Neopets, but surprisingly, it's not a bad game. Knowing the mythos of the game probably helps make it more enjoyable though.

Ritz Malheur (FFTA)
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Ritz
"The headstrong class head, she appears to be rather bossy, but has a much more vulnerable side." -Final Fantasy Wikia
This pretty much, except replace bossy with opinionated. (I guess that's a nice way of saying bossy so.... xD )

Etoile Rosenqueen (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure)
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games Etoile
I think she suppose to be annoying and she does a very good job of it. One part of the game sort of makes her endearing, but overall she's still a pretty annoying character that constantly rubs in Cornet's face how much better she is because she is rich.

Suikoden IV
30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games SuikodenIVopeningscreen
I really like the song that plays during this opening, it's soothing yet adventurous. Some nice visuals add to the experience too. I'm not sure if it's my favourite, but I can't think of any other opening I like more at the moment. Razz
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next