Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games do you think are underrated?

+3
Ninty
Adminassassin
Super Smash Bros. Fan
7 posters

Go down

What games do you think are underrated? Empty What games do you think are underrated?

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 pm

What the title said.

Two games I believe are highly underrated is Paper Airplane Chase and the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed.

What games do you think are underrated?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

What games do you think are underrated? Empty Re: What games do you think are underrated?

Post  Adminassassin Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:31 am

No More Heroes
Excitebots
Persona series
Feel the Magic/Rub Rabbits

There's a few to start. Like the thread idea.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

What games do you think are underrated? Empty Re: What games do you think are underrated?

Post  Ninty Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:51 am

I don't think that Persona 3 or 4 is underrated. Neutral On the other hand, the first 2 are underrated. But they're fun games.

I think that Breath of Fire V is underrated. It's sooo different than your typical RPG formula and the fans complain about dying from using the Dragon Powers too much. It's not as Breath of Fire as the previous games, but I think that this is the best.

And MOTHER (EarthBound Zero) is underrated too.
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Well I put them as underrated not because people don't like them as much as they should (they get good reviews and the people who DO play them usually love them) but because so few do play it versus the "big RPGS', aka anything from Squeenix.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Adminassassin wrote:Excitebots

That is an great game there. Really underrated. We're going to have to play online sometimes.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:03 pm

Pokemon Colloseum (GC)
No More Heroes (Wii)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Sly Cooper games (PS2)
StarFox Assault (GC)
StarFox Adventures (GC)
Viewtiful Joe (GC/PS2)
Gunstar Heroes (Genesis)
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Battalion Wars 2 (Wii). That game is very underrated. The first game wasn't great but this one was a big improvement.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:31 pm

@Donth8

I totally agree with Pokemon Colosseum. Great game. Got Ho-oh from it Very Happy

In my mind, I believe that the Advance Wars series is underrated.

Rondo of Swords (NDS)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (NDS)
Knights in the Nightmare (NDS)
Luminous Arc 1&2 (NDS)

Those are it for me. The Tales series is growing in popularity, so I think that those games aren't underrated.
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  kowwmann Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:52 am

Tony wrote:
Rondo of Swords (NDS)
Luminous Arc 1&2 (NDS)
lol
you just listed my flash cart Razz

underrated games...
bomberman tournament (GBA)
Disgaea (DS, PS2)

umm... that's it for now...
kowwmann
kowwmann
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=kowwmann

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Tony wrote:Rondo of Swords (NDS)
Luminous Arc 1&2 (NDS)

100% agree! Rondo was such a different SRPG experience (I hope Sting Success revisits the battle system, I really liked it~). Knights is also a very unique game. And the Luminous Arcs are underrated SPRGs. There were lots of reviews bashing these two games because they stuck to the standard SRPG formula. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I enjoyed them for what they were.

Never played Revenant Wings though....

I also want to add Chocobo Tails to that list. Very under appreciated. It was a fun and adorable game. One of the few good mini game collections on the DS because it combined mini games with a story and a lite RPG battle system.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time too. Although, pokemon is pretty popular, I'm sure most of us (me included) wrote this off as a poor money making spin off. I'm glad I gave it a try because it really did surprise me. There was an interesting story, music was also nice (for the most part), and I thought it had a good difficulty (yeah for I rogue like it's easy, but for a RPG-like game, there is a bit of challenge involved).

Finally Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. This one is really underrated by Zelda fans. I thought it was a nice introduction to the series: not too hard, not too easy. Great touch screen controls. Ocean King's Palace never bothered me, but I have yet to finish the game. I just thought this got a lot of undeserved bashing. As a Zelda newbie, I thought this was the perfect title to get into the series with (unlike Oracle of Time, damn you 6th dungeon!). It really did give change my mind and now I'm more willing to try other Zelda games.

Last edited by soaring_wings on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : gah. factual error! and BBCode mistake. xD)
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Finally Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. This one is really underrated by Zelda fans. I thought it was a nice introduction to the series: not too hard, not too easy. Great touch screen controls. Ocean King's Palace never bothered me, but I have yet to finish the game. I just thought this got a lot of undeserved bashing. As a Zelda newbie, I thought this was the perfect title to get into the series with (unlike Oracle of Time, damn you 6th dungeon!). It really did give change my mind and now I'm more willing to try other Zelda games.

You're right. I have yet to play Spirit Tracks, but from its reviews, it is supposed to be very good. I have it, but... Pogeymans! D:
Anyway, my point is that Phantom Hourglass probably set the table for Spirit Tracks to be very good.
In my opinion.
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Now that you mentioned it. I'll give Zelda: Phantom Hourglass another chance. I still have to finish that game.
Stuck on that Goron Island.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Ogre series - If SquareEnix has let Matsuno go, then that means the PSP remake of Let us Cling Together didn't do too well. This series deserves so much more love. It's the kind of mature story telling I've been craving in video games (not that light hearted stories are bad, just we need more mature, and I mean real mature, not just blowing heads off M rating mature, games).
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:06 pm

^ Agreed. Neutral
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down