Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule

4 posters

Go down

Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule Empty Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule

Post  Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 am

A few days ago, Nintendo released an update to their release schedule for the next few months which predominantly includes DSiWare alongside a WiiWare game and two Wii retail titles. The most notable news here comes from the retail titles, as Nintendo have confirmed that Sin And Punishment: Star Successor will be held back until June 27th now.
Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule Sin-punishment-star-successor-us-box-art-revealed-20100309101625845_640w

The other affected game is Metroid: Other M, which has also been pushed back by a couple of weeks and is now set for release on August 31st
Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule Metroid-The-Other-M-not-Metroid-Dread

On the WiiWare front, only one thing has changed and it’s quite a notable title. It’s now been announced that Bit.Trip Runner will be released on May 17th. For those who aren’t familiar with the series, Bit.Trip is a Rhythm Action series developed by Gaijin Games for WiiWare based around the character of Commander Video. Each game differs from the last and this one is no different, as it takes on a platforming style across 50 different Levels.

Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule BitTrip-Runner

Onto DSiWare, Nintendo have announced dates for some noteworthy titles. Firstly, it has been announced that Nintendo’s Photo Dojo will be released on May 10th. In the game, you create a character based around you by taking photos of yourself and recording sound effects for them. While this would normally be 200 points, for the whole first month up until July 10th, Nintendo are offering the game absolutely free as an introductory offer to DSiWare so be sure to pick this up.

Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule Large

Also being released on the 10th May is something many people will remember and have fond memories for, it’s Earthworm Jim. It was announced awhile ago that Gameloft would be remaking the original game for WiiWare, XBLA and PSN but it seems that they couldn’t leave out DSiWare either. While it seems to be largely a port with some updated graphics, the DSiWare version contains special challenges involving the DSiWare camera and you making facial-expressions.

The fun doesn’t stop here however, as DSiWare gamers can expect even more goodies on May 17th with Frogger Returns being ported over to the system by Konami. Frogger Returns, based on the classic Arcade game, was originally released on WiiWare and now seems to be making it’s way to the smaller screen.

Perhaps the more interesting pick however for May 17th, is Looksley’s Line Up. This one will be very familiar among gamers as the game which creates a 3D effect in the game by just moving your DSi.

May 24th will also be a week to look out for, with the upcoming release of Metal Torrent. For those who haven’t heard of the game, it’s a SHMUP from Nintendo, a very rare sight, where you convert enemy bullets into score-generating cubes and doing this continuously will give you combo points. You can then upload videos of your scores online if you get into the top 5.

Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule Metal-torrent_01

Then on May 31st, we also have X-Scape. X-Scape is a remake of the Game Boy game X, where your in control of a highly advanced space tank, ready to take on an evil empire.

Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule X-scape_01

Also coming on the day is Hero Of Sparta, a Gameloft game released on the iPhone, the PSP and PS3 in December 2008. It's an action-adventure game set in Ancient Greece, where your a Spartan King fighting mythical monsters. It received positive reviews but was often compared to the God Of War series, with some calling it a “shameless rip-off” so this could be an interesting one to look out for.

Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule Minis_sparta
This is a Screenshot from the original version, no screens are currently available for the DSiWare version

Then, for June 7th, there’s “Flametail”, known elsewhere as “Trailblazer: Puzzle Incinerator”. In the game, according to the press release, you “Clean up space lanes of floating garbage with the starship Flametail. As you wind your way through the mind-bending obstacle course, your flaming tail will ignite the piles of rubbish to eliminate them”. It’s very similar to MaBoShi, so if you enjoyed that game, you may like this one.

Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule Medium

Finally, to be released on June 14th, we have “A Kappa’s Tail”, in which you “Guide a little mythical river spirit to the human world with your Nintendo DSi stylus in this puzzle adventure”. This one was developed by Brownie Brown Inc., who gamers will recognize as the developers of Mother 3, Heroes Of Mana and Magical Starsign so this is definitely something to keep an eye on.

Apologies for being a bit late to the story, I had this written up on Friday but had a busy weekend and I couldn’t access the computer the article was on until today. Apologies as well for the youtube video, there are problems with embedding.

Source

Last edited by Terra on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule Empty Re: Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule

Post  Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:06 am

I'm still miffed they moved back Sin and Punishmet again. I want that game.

X-Scape looks interesting. Too bad I'm DSi-less.

Back to top Go down

Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule Empty Re: Nintendo release updated US Game Schedule

Post  Tony Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:16 pm

WHATTTT!?

They pushed back Other M?!

I'm very upset. Very.
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:28 pm

First pic isn't loading for me.

And I'm fairly miffed at Other M's delay. Sad
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Changed the image to a different source, so hopefully it'll display now

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Metroid games were always meant to be release on August.

...which sucks because school starts on the 1st week of September. I was looking forward to playing it this summer.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Terra wrote:Finally, to be released on June 14th, we have “A Kappa’s Tail”, in which you “Guide a little mythical river spirit to the human world with your Nintendo DSi stylus in this puzzle adventure”. This one was developed by Brownie Brown Inc., who gamers will recognize as the developers of Mother 3, Heroes Of Mana and Magical Starsign so this is definitely something to keep an eye on.

This game actually looks interesting. Too bad I don't have a DSi and I don't plan to get one since the announcement of the 3DS. And still no news on Golden Sun DS, I wonder if we'll get it this year even.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:44 pm

We'll probably hear about Golden Sun DS at E3 in June.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:18 am

@ Terra,

Sqeenix recently announced that they've run into problems remaking Final Fantasy V and VI for the DS.

Some have speculated that Sqeenix may be waiting for the 3DS
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:07 am

@Tony - I'll get to work on an article right now, along with a couple of other things.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down