Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pogeymans SilverSouls and GoldHearts

+4
Donth8
Endgame
Adminassassin
kowwmann
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pogeymans SilverSouls and GoldHearts - Page 5 Empty Re: Pogeymans SilverSouls and GoldHearts

Post  Tony Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:19 pm

I dunno why I still play Pokemon really.

I guess its a challenge. Plus the drive to get all 493 pokemon. If not in one game, but around all 5 I have of the current generation Razz

There is just so much to do in pokemon games these days. Its not just 'gotta catch 'em all'

There is EV training, competitive battling, etc.
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Pogeymans SilverSouls and GoldHearts - Page 5 Empty Re: Pogeymans SilverSouls and GoldHearts

Post  kowwmann Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:39 pm

~first topic to break 100 posts~

just get it... that's all i've gotta say to ya Very Happy it'll save you time contemplating lol
kowwmann
kowwmann
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=kowwmann

Back to top Go down

Post  Endgame Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:44 pm

*Prepares a ridiculous metagross for the hell of it* <.<
Endgame
Endgame
Kricket Inductee
Kricket Inductee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Endgame wrote:*Prepares a ridiculous metagross for the hell of it* <.<

Metagross is awesome.

Are you going to make an awesome moveset?
EV train it?
Razz
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:23 pm

I was all up for getting a Gliscor in my World Warriors team, and then realized I don't really like her. :\

I think I'm just going to stick with the Johto Fighters...but...I love my Gardevoir. D:

Waaaaaaaah why is it so hard to pick Pogeymans?!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Vapor Snake wrote:I was all up for getting a Gliscor in my World Warriors team, and then realized I don't really like her. :\

I think I'm just going to stick with the Johto Fighters...but...I love my Gardevoir. D:

Waaaaaaaah why is it so hard to pick Pogeymans?!

I know! I want to change a pokemon from my 'Kick Red into Blue week' team.

Dunno who yet though D:
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Adminassassin wrote:Well a few questions:
Have you ever played Pokemon before?

Yes I have. As a matter of fact, I've played and owned the original core titles, the 2nd gen titles, and one 3rd gen titles and have loved them all. I have also gotten a few spin-offs along the way.

Did you play Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

Yes, I have played both Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl. I was disappointed with both and gave Pokemon Pearl to my cousin's friend. I may give Pokemon Diamond another chance.

Do you like RPGs?

Yes I do.

Do you like playing DS games with friends (competitive)?

I like playing casually, but I'm also hoping to become somewhat competitive at time.

Does that answer your question?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Well then you should get SoulSilver Razz because Gen II is so much better than Gen IV, the only one you seemed to be disappointed in. (I hated Gen III the first time I played it but...)
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Bwaagh.

I may be the only person alive who rates the second generation the lowest.

No real innovation, lack of creativity and character in region design, fairly uninspired new Mons (imo, of course).

Everything people 'see' that's wrong with Pokemon is the most present in Gen. II, and yet that's the one people love the most. I seriously don't understand it.

Somebody educate me, please. I don't understand clinging to the first generation, and I don't understand why Gold/Silver is the best.

Bwaagh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Gen I and II had that undeniable charm.

Don't get me wrong, it had it's flaws but it's a great game.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Donth8 wrote:Gen I and II had that undeniable charm.

Don't get me wrong, it had it's flaws but it's a great game.

That's not what I'm saying.

I just have a hard time understanding why it's okay for Generation II to be everything Pokemon haters go off on and yet be held in high regard. :\

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:15 am

There are some things in life that do not make sense.

This is one of them...

Pokemon haters are just silly like that.

Last edited by Donth8 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : quick correction.)
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:51 am

IMO, Pocket Monsters II (how I shall refer to these from now on) was the best... it added 2 more types, and had 2 whole regions! The most bang for your buck. I thought Pocket Monsters III was awful-confusing world layout, awful looking new pokemon, didn't really add anything except double-battles. Pocket Monsters IV (D/P/Pl) was better than III in all regards but I still didn't like the map or quest layout. These are all my opinion of course, but I hope I explained them decently.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Adminassassin wrote:IMO, Pocket Monsters II (how I shall refer to these from now on) was the best... it added 2 more types, and had 2 whole regions! The most bang for your buck. I thought Pocket Monsters III was awful-confusing world layout, awful looking new pokemon, didn't really add anything except double-battles. Pocket Monsters IV (D/P/Pl) was better than III in all regards but I still didn't like the map or quest layout. These are all my opinion of course, but I hope I explained them decently.

Yeah, that's why Gen2 is my favourite and probably the favourite of many others. I'll also add in the day-night cycle which blew me away. I don't hate Gen3 anymore, but when I first played it, I was really disappointed and stopped playing pokemon for awhile. Afterward I felt it was alright and still a good pokemon game but it just took too much out that Gen2 introduced and hence why it felt like a downgrade to me when I first played it. That and I was hyped up to the max after Gen2, so I think even if they somehow kept day-night, I would still have been disappointed. But again I stress that playing them again later made me change my mind, Gen3 games were pretty good. I don't have any problems with Gen4 and I was really happy to see Day-Night make a come back here.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm

You take the words out of my mouth, donth8. :3

As for what Otacon has to say...most of it I can't argue with it, because it's fact or opinion. However... saying it added nothing to Pokemon outside of double battles is just plain wrong, my friend. Sure, Generation II added a couple of types (that wouldn't have been needed if Gen I wasn't so broken), a day-night cycle, and had two regions (even though I found Johto more of a Kanto extension back in the day). Generation III, besides the massive rehaul of every basic part of it (EVs, IVs, shinyness, gender, breeding), added: Pokemon Natures and Abilities. Pokemon contests, which while not most people's style, was a whole new way of playing Pokemon. The Battle Fronteir, which is the single greatest lengthening of training Pokemon outside of competative battling, imo. It also added a whole slew of things like new moves, so many new type combos, a huge new Berry system, secret bases....

Even if you say Hoenn is a crap area (which I disagree with fully, it was the most sprawling and diverse region ever) and the Pokemon are crap (again, which I disagree with fully, Gen. III has my favorite overall designs), you cannot say it didn't add anything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:15 pm

Yes I can. Razz

In all seriousness, it did have the stat revamp which I could take or leave, (same goes for abilities, i usualyl find them annoying!) but Contests and BF never interested me in the slightest. If BF gave you XP I'd be all over it but...
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:15 pm

Vapor Snake wrote:You take the words out of my mouth, donth8. :3

As for what Otacon has to say...most of it I can't argue with it, because it's fact or opinion. However... saying it added nothing to Pokemon outside of double battles is just plain wrong, my friend. Sure, Generation II added a couple of types (that wouldn't have been needed if Gen I wasn't so broken), a day-night cycle, and had two regions (even though I found Johto more of a Kanto extension back in the day). Generation III, besides the massive rehaul of every basic part of it (EVs, IVs, shinyness, gender, breeding), added: Pokemon Natures and Abilities. Pokemon contests, which while not most people's style, was a whole new way of playing Pokemon. The Battle Fronteir, which is the single greatest lengthening of training Pokemon outside of competative battling, imo. It also added a whole slew of things like new moves, so many new type combos, a huge new Berry system, secret bases....

Even if you say Hoenn is a crap area (which I disagree with fully, it was the most sprawling and diverse region ever) and the Pokemon are crap (again, which I disagree with fully, Gen. III has my favorite overall designs), you cannot say it didn't add anything.

Yes, playing it again later I really did appreciate all those things. Although to be fair, Battle Frontier was an extension of the Battle Tower that was introduced in Crystal and it wasn't even present in the first two games so I don't count it. (Just like I don't count it for D/P) People shouldn't need to buy another game to get extras. This is one thing that has always bothered me about Pokemon, but it probably makes Nintendo lots of dough.

Again, secret bases were an expansion of what Gen II started with room decoration. So I do concede your point about expanding, but at the same time, it took a lot of what Gen2 really brought to the table, which is what made Gen2 so special in my heart.

But I agree, it really did bring new things as well though: contests, abilities, and natures. Although, natures tend to piss me off most of the time because I need to go through 20+ eggs just to get the nature I want. Mad (I kind of stopped caring because it was so annoying. sigh.)
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm changing my team up. Switchin' out Espeon and Kingdra for Gardevoir and Milotic.

I don't know why. I'm just feeling it. :3

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:28 am

After spending 12 hours away from home yesterday, my pokemon have gained soo many levels by abusing gym rematches lol.

What level should I be at before I face Red?

70-75? 80?
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:22 pm

That break did me some good as I've been feeling up to tackling Kanto and I've done all 8 gyms over the weekend and caught Latias and Suicune while I'm at it. Now all I have to do is face Red. And I'd be interested to know what level I should have my Pokemon at aswell before facing him.

And how do I do the Gym Rematches?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:34 pm

@Tony: If you make the best use of type match-ups and the like, I don't see him being a problem around 75, and I'm sure you could get him at 70, it would just take some more effort.

@Terra: You'll have to meet up with the Gym Leaders at various days, times, and areas and get their phone numbers. Once you do, you call them up at the time they specifiy and head on over to Saffron City's Fighting Dojo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Ah, makes sense. I was wondering why I didn't get any numbers when I talked to them in the Gyms. I'll have a look on Serebii for more information for each leader, thanks for the heads up Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:38 pm

I've gotten all the Johto badges, but I decided to switch in the ExtremeSpeed Dratini I got from the elder into my team, so I've just been leveling him up. I hate how dragon pokemon have the highest EXP total, it makes leveling them up a pain in the behind. 6 more levels to go till Dratini will be at the same level as my other mon. I think after this, I won't be switching any more pokemon in and out until after I beat Red because level them up to my team's standards is taking too long and I'm already the only one here that is still in Johto.... cyclops
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat May 01, 2010 11:08 am

So, has anybody caught any shinies?

I've caught a shiny starly, bidoof, an onix(which I have since traded), and today, a Magikarp.

WHAT THE HECK?! Mostly useless Sad

If they hadn't included the Red Gyarados in the story, then it would have been worth more :/
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 01, 2010 11:45 am

In SoulSilver, the only shiny I caught is the Gyarados.

In previous games I caught a shiny Oddish (now a Bellossom), a shiny Abra (now an Alakazam), and received a shiny Piplup (now an Empoleon).

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next