Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal for Free on Steam until May 24th

5 posters

Go down

Portal for Free on Steam until May 24th Empty Portal for Free on Steam until May 24th

Post  Guest Wed May 12, 2010 5:53 pm

As some of you may know, Steam will soon be available on Mac's for the first time ever and to celebrate, Steam have got quite an offer going right now. To celebrate the occasion, Steam have announced that they will be giving away the First Person Action/Puzzle game Portal absolutely free for both PC and Mac steam users.

Portal for Free on Steam until May 24th 0000002582.600x338

Created by the company who founded Steam, Valve, it was first released in 2007 as part of The Orange Box compilation by the company, before getting a standalone release 6 months later. The game received many awards and was highly acclaimed by the gaming community, many calling it “Innovative” and “Unique” and currently has a sequel in development.

Back to top Go down

Portal for Free on Steam until May 24th Empty Re: Portal for Free on Steam until May 24th

Post  Adminassassin Wed May 12, 2010 6:29 pm

This is an amazingly creative game. Anyone who doesn't already have it needs to sign up and get it while it's free.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Portal for Free on Steam until May 24th Empty Re: Portal for Free on Steam until May 24th

Post  Donth8 Wed May 12, 2010 7:22 pm

One of Valve's masterpieces.

System requirements?
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Thu May 13, 2010 12:42 am

Alright, I'm gonna get it.
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 5:13 am

This is what it said on the Portal Steam Page Link I hyperlinked

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX®️ 8.1 level Graphics Card (Requires support for SSE), Windows®️ Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX®️ 9 level Graphics Card, Windows®️ Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Back to top Go down

Portal for Free on Steam until May 24th Empty Awesome but too short

Post  Roopa132 Thu May 13, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm in love with this game.
But it's waaaay too short Sad I finished the story in under 4 hours and quite frankly I took my time and did much nonsense with the portals Razz
Well it still has the challenges and I'm gonna play trough it with developer commentary again, getting all achievements but I can't wait for Portal 2 Very Happy I hope it'll be just as funny because actually GlaDOS is the best part of the game and according to Valve she'll be in Portal 2, too cheers

So everyone who hasn't downloaded it yet: Do it now! It's really worth it. And if you don't like it, you didn't spend any money on it so it's at least worth a try!
Roopa132
Roopa132
Kricket Inductee
Kricket Inductee

http://www.nintendolife.com/users/Roopa132

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 11:15 am

I've gotten up to level 15 so far. It's really fun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Wed May 19, 2010 12:46 am

I got it, but like I suspected my computer is too old (5+ years but still works really well) and it can't support it. All well, maybe I can transfer it over to another computer when I have the time.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Just saw this on 1up, apparently 1.5 million people have downloaded the game while it's free

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179409

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down