Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prima Video Game Guides now available on Steam

2 posters

Go down

Prima Video Game Guides now available on Steam Empty Prima Video Game Guides now available on Steam

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 6:56 pm

In the times that when people get stuck on a game, so they look for a free walkthrough online to help them, it can sometimes be surprising to see that video game guides still sell quite well. Now it seems that Prima Guides are heading into digital territory, as they have now started to release guides through Steam.

Prima Video Game Guides now available on Steam Ss_0c953ab0575be1fbd29679edffedbc63271e7430.600x338

The guides will sell at £12.99/€14.95/$18.64 but for the first week on sale, they will be on sale at 50% off. So far the only guides available are for Just Cause 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age: Origins (And a separate one for it’s expansion Awakening), Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction and more are expected soon.

What are your thoughts on this idea?

Source

Back to top Go down

Prima Video Game Guides now available on Steam Empty Re: Prima Video Game Guides now available on Steam

Post  Adminassassin Thu May 20, 2010 11:37 pm

No matter how pretty, I don't expect a product that costs money to do well when there are other products of similar usefulness for free using the same means (internet.)
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Prima Video Game Guides now available on Steam Empty Re: Prima Video Game Guides now available on Steam

Post  soaring_wings Thu May 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Adminassassin wrote:No matter how pretty, I don't expect a product that costs money to do well when there are other products of similar usefulness for free using the same means (internet.)
I agree. Physical guides may still be appealing because you get a physical object for your money even if you can just use the internet, but this does not have that....so I just can't see this doing to well. But then again, you never know right?
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down