Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat Mafia Game Sign-Up/Tutorial/Discussion Thread

3 posters

Go down

Chat Mafia Game Sign-Up/Tutorial/Discussion Thread Empty Chat Mafia Game Sign-Up/Tutorial/Discussion Thread

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Yes folks, this is the very first event I'm planning on doing. The game is called "Chat Mafia". Chat Mafia tend to take hours instead of weeks, so don't worry about having to stare at it religiously on a daily bases. The game tends to go quickly obviously, as it's more of random thoughts then evidences picked out throughout the game. That does not excuse the lack of scumhunting, thought.

How to sign-up for Mafia games: To do, just do the /in command. I may still allow you if you just ask to be in, but it's not guarantee to happen, just hope I don't cross over you.

How to Mod a Chat Mafia game: Right now, I'm the only person who will mod Mafia games. However, after two games, I will gradually start allowing people to mod games. This is what you need to send me if you expect your game to go through:

1. Roles
2. # of players
3. Beginning of story and two conclusions.

These are recommendations:
1. Keep your games small. 3-7 players will be fine enough, nine is okay, but not recommended, especially for inexperienced mods. Anything above that will be not allowed until the forum becomes more active.

2. Keep the game simple as well. With forum Mafia games, you can do whatever you want and I won't mind, as long as I think you're capable of running that. However, we don't need tons of roles, many players, and lots of flavors on the game. That will most likely cause me to reject your offer.

Requirements for joining:
1. You must pledge to be active in the thread.
2. You must have AIM, especially if you are scum. When scum, during the entire game, you and me must be on a chat between each other until you get killed or the game ends. You will use this to send me a kill command to an townie.

Sign-Ups:
Kricket Chat Mafia:
1. Adminassassin
2. kowwmann

Replacements:

Even if you're not particapating, you may still view the game, but you may not particapate in any shape or form.

How Chat Mafia games usually work: After we get enough players, I will send out Role PM's. You will be asked to confirmed by doing the /confirm command. Once that has been done, I will give out the beginning of a story. After that, I will give out the destinated time when you must be in the chatroom. If you are not there by thirty minutes after the deadline, the game is offically cancelled and will be forced to restart all over again, something I do not want to do. This can be avoided if we have replacements, thought. Note that you will have to check here regularly for updates on the game.

Each Day will have an hour deadline. During those days, you must decide upon a lynch by attempting to point out who could be scums. To vote, do an /vote [Insert Username]. To do an no lynch, do an /no lynch. If you want to change your vote, you must do the /unvote command.

"Townies" are the uninformed majority in the game. "Mafia" are the informed minority of the game. "Townies" are attempting to find who could be scums and "Mafia" are trying to push suspicion away from them and kill the townies.

To end an Day, you must reach an majority vote on a person. When that has been done, we enter the Twlight Phase. Twlight phase is everyone, even the person about to be lynched, can talk about well, anything. However, you cannot vote for anything and any votes that was in the game when a lynch was confirmed cannot be changed. Once the lynch scene has been posted, I reveal the alignment, the role, username, and the back story.

If we don't reach an majority vote, the person with the most vote will be lynched. However, if someone ties for the most vote, the people not at risk will be forced to choose between who should be lynch. There will be an fifteen time limit. If there is no choice during the time, a no lynch is forced and we go into the Night Phase.

During the Night Phase, I will give an five minute warning for everyone to leave the chat. This is where you'll go depending on the cirumstances:

People who are non-particapants: Continue as the game never existed, during the Night Phase, you may talk in the chat saying whatever you want. You may not reveal information of dead players.

Townies who are still alive: I will give all of you a five minute warning to leave the chat and you will be evacuated here. Here, you may talk about what you want in here, video games, TV shows, whatever, but you must stay in here. Of course you can be on other sites but you may not talk about the game in here or in any sites during the Night Phase (Or anytime in fact, unless it's the Day and Twlight Phase on the chat).

Player who is dead: Same as above, only that you must stay in the thread (Although this is just regarding the site, you can go other places)

Scum: The same thing will happen to you, however, you will be able to chat to me about who you want to kill via AIM. I will not be helping you at all, however. To kill someone, send me the /kill [insert username] command. Do not tell anyone of this chat, keep it private between you and me.

However, this case is only if a townie is dead. If that is the case, we go into Day 2, where I reveal who died during the night, what was there alignment, and if they were town or scum. Process repeats. If not, then town wins the game.

The game ends when the scum is killed or when scum is at least equal to townies.

Rules:
1. All forum rules must be followed during the course of the game.
2. Disputes to mods must be handled by PM's. However, if it's not during the course of the game, just tell me in here.
3. Once you have died in the game, you may not talk about the game for any longer. You must wait until the game ends until you can talk about the game again.
4. I reserve the right to keep anyone from signing-up. If you have a bad reputation on the site, don't expect me to approve your in. Complaining about it in an rude fashion will not get you anywhere and you will not get in. However, trying to properly discuss why you should get in may convince me to change my opinion on you, but don't get your hopes up.
5. If someone can't read it, you are doing something not allowed in Chat Mafia games. You must let us see every single word.
6. You may not use encryption, ciphers, or similar techniques.
7. You may not post in the chat room during the Night Phase.
8. If you disconnect from the chat box, you will be prodded. If you do not return within ten minutes of your prod (Unless it's something you have to do), you will be modkilled. Modkilled is where I remove you from the game and we go into the Night Phase automatically, depending if you're revealed as a Townie.
9. I do not expect to grant deadline requests. However, I will make one exception when it's necessary, like to accompany newer players so they have time to play the game.

Hopefully, you people like the idea!

Last edited by Super Smash Bros. Fan on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Chat Mafia Game Sign-Up/Tutorial/Discussion Thread Empty Re: Chat Mafia Game Sign-Up/Tutorial/Discussion Thread

Post  Adminassassin Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:02 am

Sounds good. I think it'll work best if we have several "extra" players, that way if a few can't make it or a few haev sudden IRL problems, the game can continue. Smile
/in
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Chat Mafia Game Sign-Up/Tutorial/Discussion Thread Empty Re: Chat Mafia Game Sign-Up/Tutorial/Discussion Thread

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:53 am

Adminassassin wrote:Sounds good. I think it'll work best if we have several "extra" players, that way if a few can't make it or a few haev sudden IRL problems, the game can continue. Smile
/in

Thanks for the suggestion. This is why I have two replacements.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  kowwmann Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:32 pm

since i'm guessing that the other mafia string died,
/in
kowwmann
kowwmann
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=kowwmann

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:25 pm

kowwmann wrote:since i'm guessing that the other mafia string died,
/in

Don't worry, that Mafia game will still come to fruitation, once of course I get all nine players that wants to particapate.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 am

I think SSBF's plan is to have a Chat Mafia game and a Thread Mafia game. One for immediate access and those with a shorter attention span Razz and one for those who would rather play over a long time and cannot necessarily commit to being on the site for a few hours at a time in the Chatbox.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down