Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

backloggery revaluations

+5
Ninty
kowwmann
soaring_wings
Adminassassin
Reala
9 posters

Go down

backloggery revaluations Empty backloggery revaluations

Post  Reala Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:05 pm

a few random things revealed by my bl:

I have traded away some excellent games, too many in fact, dang what an idiot

also shows I really need to finish a 2D Mario game one of these days

I used to think I was fairly good at 8-bit games, but judging by the incomplete numbers, I guess not, 8-bit what a tough era
Reala
Reala
Kricket Inductee
Kricket Inductee

Back to top Go down

backloggery revaluations Empty Re: backloggery revaluations

Post  Adminassassin Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:22 pm

I beat the majority of my games but I still have over 50 I have not. Of those, many are popular, fun ones that I should have completed long ago (Fire Emblem series for one) but for one reason or another got bored or distracted. My eventual goal is to beat or sell every one of those. After all, if I genuinely have no interest in playing them, why keep them? Instead, I can clear some space (physically and on my BL) and have some money for new game...that I'll hopefully complete. ^.^
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:44 pm

It revealed to me just how many games I actually have (I've listed pretty much my entire collection) and how many games I wanted to keep and get rid off. It's also shown me just how many games I still have left to beat (Over 100 right now exactly)

Back to top Go down

backloggery revaluations Empty I've noticed:

Post  soaring_wings Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:49 pm

-That I buy more then I can ever hope to finish. (I've got around 30 games nulled = unopened and 50 unfinished = started but not beaten)
-That I'm really really really slow at finishing games and I actually believed I wasn't! Neutral
- I have not finished a single PSX, PS2, or Wii game.
-Being a kid sucks because you don't have your own money and that is the reason I missed out on so many older games.
-My wishlist is too big. I wish I could try all these awesome games, but I know that is impossible (because of time, money).

Last edited by soaring_wings on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed an awkward sentence)
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  kowwmann Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:58 am

it didn't really reveal anything to me BUT it is a more concrete set of proof that I R POKEMANIAC
also... list is NOWHERE near complete, i'm just too lazy to get back to work on it Razz
kowwmann
kowwmann
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=kowwmann

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:15 am

Backloggery makes me buy new games. Neutral
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:06 am

BL is actually not my first experimentation in gaming maintenance. I used a database for the same purpose, but BL did everything I wanted plus more. So, I quickly forgot about my database.

Since keeping a BL, I actually have impulse bought less shovel ware games. I even have gotten rid of games I found terrible to slim up my collection a bit.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 am

I don't even use it for it's intended purpose. Half the time I'm playing already-beaten games and just using it to be stupid in game progress notes and on other people's comments sections.

So, it reveals to me that I go against the grain and do stuff because I want to do it. :3

Back to top Go down

backloggery revaluations Empty My BL, incomplete now and ever.

Post  Twilight_Crow Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:38 am

LOL good one Feeni... er Vapor Razz

The BL made see something I already knew but I tried to deny, I'm a quiter Razz, It's very hard for me to finish games, specially too long ones, unless they are pure awesome (like SMG), or for some strange reason I liked them to dead (Astro Boy beaten on one afternoon); but most games I just get bored and abandon them Sad. Is not intentional after playing for some time, I just get this urge to play something new.

Also, I have a collection of over 350 games, and I thought that I wanted to play and/or finish like 70 of them, but there were more geek.
Twilight_Crow
Twilight_Crow
Kricket Inductee
Kricket Inductee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:35 am

Vapor Snake wrote:I don't even use it for it's intended purpose. Half the time I'm playing already-beaten games and just using it to be stupid in game progress notes and on other people's comments sections.

So, it reveals to me that I go against the grain and do stuff because I want to do it. :3

I love the BL. I get to test my 1337 skillz with making backgrounds, and I get to meet people. :3

But I do tend to just screw the 'beating my backlog thing' And do what I want to. Like playing games over and over again @_@

lols
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:43 am

I've been getting random friend request from random people lately. It's not my banner is it?

I cleaned up my friends list and deleted exactly 20 people. Half of those people I don't even talk to.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:36 pm

I, sometimes, add people because I like their banners, but I normally try to... you know... talk to them if they're still active users. XD Even online though, I am somewhat shy and lose things to talk about.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Valentine wrote:I, sometimes, add people because I like their banners, but I normally try to... you know... talk to them if they're still active users. XD Even online though, I am somewhat shy and lose things to talk about.
This was way back when I had an Elfen Lied banner but I have a different one now and I haven't gotten friend invites recently maybe because now I have a dude on my banner instead of a half naked chick. XD I've yet to add you actually.

Shy online? I'm the opposite. I'm more shy in real life cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:14 am

Oh, well, half-naked chick. Clearly, that means you're, also, a half-naked chick. That's the e-formula, you know. I discovered that fact on MMOs, myself. Great way to get free items. Razz

I'm kinda shy all around. D:

Or... cat
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm confused scratch I'm not really a half-naked chick but that's what people on the internet thought when I had that banner? Weird logic. It makes sense to some degree because you can't really see the person behind the computer monitor but their avatar, banner, etc. From there, our minds take over and automatically create the person. We think they act like this, look like that, etc.

...I'm thinking about it too much tongue cat

Also, I thought that cat emoticon was a bunny at first too. The monkey looks like an owl to me and the alien looks like a green dude with his hands up in the air.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:16 am

I know it's confusing, and you shouldn't think too hard on it. These are just some notions I've gathered since playing MMO games wherein female characters garner a great deal of attention simply because their character is female. Forget the fact that the user behind the computer could be a 50 year old man. I, personally, received a lot more free loot on female characters as opposed to the loot I worked honestly for on male characters. Haha.

I'm sure that formula works on any website. monkey
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:22 am

I don't play MMO but I'll keep that in mind.

Valentine wrote:Forget the fact that the user behind the computer could be a 50 year old man.

*shudders* cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Heeeeere little girl I have some candy for youuuu Twisted Evil

haha ha.. ha. Anyway, I'm not a fan of MMOs sunny
Tony