Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming burn out

4 posters

Go down

Gaming burn out Empty Gaming burn out

Post  Valentine Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:52 pm

Ever get massively burnt out on gaming? I pretty much am. Sad
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Gaming burn out Empty Re: Gaming burn out

Post  Starlight Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Same...but really it's just the hot weather.
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:53 am

That's actually a good point. Hot weather = hot house = too tired to do anything in the home
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Tired of playing games? Not that much, at least not consciously. I might have a period where I don't realzie it but I dont play games much for a week or two, but I'll come back to it.

Loosing interest in following video games anymore? Yeah, I kind of am. Nintendo is being pretty dumb overall, and the new systems announced so far just don't excite me. There are a few upcoming games that I want (see: will buy) but nothing I'm actually what I would consider EXCITED about.
IDK if its the industry or me. Maybe I'm just kinda bleh at this point. Stick to what I have and buy games here and there...
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Adminassassin wrote:
Loosing interest in following video games anymore? Yeah, I kind of am. Nintendo is being pretty dumb overall, and the new systems announced so far just don't excite me. There are a few upcoming games that I want (see: will buy) but nothing I'm actually what I would consider EXCITED about.
IDK if its the industry or me. Maybe I'm just kinda bleh at this point. Stick to what I have and buy games here and there...

I find the business side interesting...although it's different to the 90's.

Never rely on Nintendo too much...that is when most people give up if they don't find their games as appealing anymore...I think of them as a secondary in terms of enjoyment....I like their games....but I never feel truly excited or happy when I play them....they just feel like "Meh...it's good but I perfer other games".
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:49 am

As a secondary, Nintendo is disappointing lately. Their own Nintendo-branded games for the past couple of years, imo, have sucked. And because I've said that before, I'll actually list the games I've bought in the last few years that I don't think were really worth more than 15 bucks:

Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
Final Fantasy anything
Wii accessories (basically all of them)
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Metroid Other M

Even though some of these got great ratings from me on BL, they're not amazing. They hold little to no replay value for me, nor did they really astound me. In the case of Mario games, I don't think they sucked so much as I'm pretty tired of them pumping out a new Mario every year. Razz The only saving grace for Nintendo, in my mind, is that the DS has produced a pretty good library of games.

Nintendo accounts for a great deal of why I'm tired of video games and not simply because a few RPGs didn't get localized. The amount of FPS games on the other systems doesn't help.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:08 am

Adminassassin wrote:Tired of playing games? Not that much, at least not consciously. I might have a period where I don't realzie it but I dont play games much for a week or two, but I'll come back to it.

This happens to me as well, but it's more like certain days I just don't feel like playing. It's not a video game thing. I have this with all my hobbies. There are days when I want to do X and not Y and vice versa.

@Valentine: Some of those aren't even made by Nintendo though so I don't think it's really fair. It would be like blaming Sony for FFXIII being too linear. Everything made by Nintendo themselves is fair game through. I think my taste in gaming is really different from the majority of people because I find myself enjoying the whimsical nature of Nintendo games. I do agree that New Super Mario Bros. was weak in the sense that Nintendo should have made the game more challenging. Everything else I either haven't tried yet, or liked.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down