Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Higurashi When They Cry

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Higurashi When They Cry - Page 2 Empty Re: Higurashi When They Cry

Post  Adminassassin Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:52 am

Terra wrote:

After that, I'll probably move onto the more recent Umineko No Naku Koro Ni. I do wonder though whether the anime covers both halves of the story, since I noticed there's only been 1 series at the moment.
The anime (2009) only covers the first half (Games 1 through 4) and as of now there is no sequel to cover games 5-8 and no plans announced for such. Sad
The plus side is that the Umineko PC games are very easy to import/download (legally, for about $20-25 for 1-4 and $25-30 for 5-Cool and get the free and legal fan translation english patch. (http://www.witch-hunt.com)
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:28 am

That's a shame about the anime. Nevermind, at least there's the translated patches available for the games. I'll probably start going through those soon, after I've watched a couple of series on my current list (Valkyria Chronicles & This Ugly Yet Beautiful World)

Well, finished the Rei series now. I'd say that Arc in the middle was canon but everything else, well, much more debatable. I still found the more light hearted episodes great though (Seriously, who thinks to bring a Stun Grenade launcher to a Swimming pool? xD) and I hear it's a similar setup in the new Kira series (First episode aired the other day I hear).

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:56 pm

They're almost done translating Episode 8 (somewhere between 50% and 100% which isnt bad considering it came out in Dec in JP) so I'll be buying 5-8 then.
I hadn't heard much about Kira until you mentioned it. Higurashi + Death Note cameo!!
(JK)
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:27 pm

That's good to hear on Episode 8. Oh yeah, I also saw a synopsis for the series and it reminded me of Dull Blades, the idea of mysterious deaths on an island taking place over a couple of days.

I didn't know a great deal about it until recently either but I know they're doing it to commerorate the series' 10th anniversary, which is understandable. And how I wish that there true. Death Note will always remain a favourite of mine, it's that gateway series which really got me into anime and manga (Albeit, through the live action films lol)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:46 pm

So, just watched the first episode of Higurashi Kira. I'm fairly certain that was non-canon, considering it had a lot of fan-service in it. I mean seriously, there was some highly questionable things featured in it of both the Yuri and Yaoi origins. In all honesty, while i enjoyed the episode (Pretty funny), it had me scratching my head in confusion after awhile.

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:31 am

Terra wrote:So, just watched the first episode of Higurashi Kira. I'm fairly certain that was non-canon, considering it had a lot of fan-service in it. I mean seriously, there was some highly questionable things featured in it of both the Yuri and Yaoi origins. In all honesty, while i enjoyed the episode (Pretty funny), it had me scratching my head in confusion after awhile.

Episode 1 and episode 4 are pure playful fluff. Episodes 2 and 3 are more serious. Like Objection said, it isn't cannon and you will understand why when it ends.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:30 pm

I knew Episode 1 was just for laughs (And as said, fairly certain it wasn't canon) but I hadn't heard anything on the rest of the series. Well, only another week or so before Episode 2 so I can't wait Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Terra wrote:I knew Episode 1 was just for laughs (And as said, fairly certain it wasn't canon) but I hadn't heard anything on the rest of the series. Well, only another week or so before Episode 2 so I can't wait Very Happy

Wait, you are talking about the OVA, right? The first episode had them at the pool, right?
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 am

If you mean Higurashi Rei, which had the pool episode, then no. I'm referring to the new series, Higurashi Kira

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Terra wrote:If you mean Higurashi Rei, which had the pool episode, then no. I'm referring to the new series, Higurashi Kira

Well that's news to me~ I didn't know there was a new series. I'll need to add it to my "To Watch" list.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Well, the episodes come out with a 2 month gap between them though so there's plenty of time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum