Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Court Ruling Could Affect Used Game Business

2 posters

Go down

New Court Ruling Could Affect Used Game Business Empty New Court Ruling Could Affect Used Game Business

Post  Valentine Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:47 am

http://kotaku.com/5663625/new-court-ruling-could-affect-used-game-business

As much as I hate GameStop, this will affect everybody.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

New Court Ruling Could Affect Used Game Business Empty Re: New Court Ruling Could Affect Used Game Business

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Last edited by Terra on Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

New Court Ruling Could Affect Used Game Business Empty Re: New Court Ruling Could Affect Used Game Business

Post  Adminassassin Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm

There's no way they can ban it outright. People will find ways, whether its a store, ebay* or something else.

*Seriously, people will just lie anmd say its "new" but opened if it really becomes a legal problem.

This case needs to be appealed, its ridiculous, and going our rights and against the First Sale ruling. Not allowed. Razz
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:37 am

Unfortunately, you're not going to have to worry too much when more games switch to digidownload or more publishers deny material to people who don't buy their games new (think PC), 'cause guess who gets screwed through used game sales? It's a double-edged sword, I think. I, personally, buy new if the game is still current. I, also, think that new game prices have gotten so ridiculous because of 1. technology, of course 2. compensation for the fact that nobody earns royalties from used game sales.

When you think about it, companies like GameStop don't profit on new games. They make money on the interest they collect from your 5 bucks on reserves sitting in their savings, but they really make money on their overpriced, used games that undercut new games by, go figure, 5 bucks.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down