Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3DS

+2
Tony
Adminassassin
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3DS - Page 2 Empty Re: 3DS

Post  Donth8 Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:41 pm

3DS or PS3? 3DS or PS3!? Arrgghh I don't know! No

cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:38 am

Well, Donth8, it sounds like you're leaning toward the PS3 after reading your comment on my BL. I hope you're able to save up for both in the long-run. That would be awesome!

I dunno. I am, admittedly, shocked by the price. I don't think my DS lite was even 200 bucks brand new. My shock mostly comes from the fact that Nintendo was always the brand that tries to keep the cost of systems lower than the competition. So far, it appears as though this will cost as much as the PSP Go on launch; however, PSP Go was actually about 26.000 yen if I'm not mistaken, so I think the 3DS *might* be less than 250 usd. I don't think it will be closer to the 300 usd conversion, because Japan has always had the tendency to markup their prices.

Edit: Almost forgot to add this cool link. I didn't see it posted anywhere else, but I didn't try looking that hard either. So, I'm sorry if everyone's already seen it, and I'm being frivolous.

http://kotaku.com/5650702/watch-almost-every-3ds-game-in-action
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Thanks for that link, Valentine. I couldn't find the footage elsewhere. xD It should be around $250, which isn't really all that much when you consider what you're getting AND it's launch price. It'll definitely go down in the future but the DS (2DS anyone?) launched for $200 if I'm not mistaken. I paid around $220 for my DSi as well, and $180 for my XL post price-drop. For an extra $50 you get (vastly) improved graphics, 3D, gyroscope, 3D cameras, more RAM/stuff for internet browsing (DSi browser was abysmally slow), access to 3D virtual console (Virtual Handheld? xD), a 2GB SD card, a charging stand, bigger screens (depending on what you previously owned, could be a downgrade for XL owners), all wrapped under a nice warranty. Suddenly $50 extra doesn't seem so bad, right?

...unless it does launch for $300. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:57 pm

I think the DS launched for $149 USD upon release IIRC. The newer models were more, leading up to $199 or so for the DSi XL. So $249 USD is a pretty fair price for such a massive upgrade. I do think that any higher than that starts to hurt its market success, if only a little.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:54 pm

I'll still get the 3DS sometime in the future so I can play my DS games but PS3 is my priority for now. cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 am

I dunno if I'll even buy the 3DS on launch. I've never bought anything without it being out for about a year, because the system will take a while to accumulate a good library. Then, the price can go down. I, honestly, do not perceive myself affording that thing with my 0 dollar income, and I'm pretty sure that by the time my doctor releases me to work, my employer is going to refuse to give me hours. :/
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Yeah I just heard about the price. I don't think it will be a straight conversion either since everything in Japan is really high priced. I'm betting on 250$ at launch as well.

I don't think I shall be picking it up at launch, even though I'm pretty excited because the design looks really meh. I want the nice looking Lite version that will get released 1-2 year(s) down the road. And I also hope by then that I will have taken down some of my DS's own backlog.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:55 am

Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Well now that the 3DS is out, for those who have it or are planning on getting it, what are your most anticipated titles?

I'm pretty excited about the Abyss port because I missed out on the PS2 game and I really prefer my RPGs on the go~
Beyond the Labyrinth looks really lovely too. Although I need to see more to get really hyped. I think right now my most anticipated game is the Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton game just because I love both series. :3
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:16 am

I'm curious about Atlus' plans with Etrian Odyssey. Will that be the whole trilogy? If so, I hope it'll come out in the PAL territories too. Smile
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Ninty wrote:I'm curious about Atlus' plans with Etrian Odyssey. Will that be the whole trilogy? If so, I hope it'll come out in the PAL territories too. Smile

EO was listed as one of the I.P.s that will be coming to 3DS so we can definitely at least expect one game. What I wonder is what Persona game will come to the 3DS. Maybe one of the PSP ports or.... Surprised

As for a PAL release, the best bet would probably be to pester Ghostlight or RisingStarGames or Koei since these three tend to do Atlus games and niche games in general. Actually even SquareEnix Europe handled a few niche games like Disgaea, so pester just about anyone! xD Hopefully Atlus makes a European branch eventually because right now, it's their games that tend to get no PAL releases or if they do really late ones.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:08 am

soaring_wings wrote:

EO was listed as one of the I.P.s that will be coming to 3DS so we can definitely at least expect one game. What I wonder is what Persona game will come to the 3DS. Maybe one of the PSP ports or.... Surprised

As for a PAL release, the best bet would probably be to pester Ghostlight or RisingStarGames or Koei since these three tend to do Atlus games and niche games in general. Actually even SquareEnix Europe handled a few niche games like Disgaea, so pester just about anyone! xD Hopefully Atlus makes a European branch eventually because right now, it's their games that tend to get no PAL releases or if they do really late ones.

It's pretty weird how many publishers do I have to thank for bringing SMT over to Europe. Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1-2 and Persona 3 Portable were released here by Ghostlight, while Toei released Devil Summoner and Persona 3 (plus FES). And finally, Square Enix released Persona 4.

EO1 was handled by Nintendo themselves in the PAL region. bounce I was hoping for an EU release for both sequels, but things weren't so lucky. Sad
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Ninty wrote:
EO1 was handled by Nintendo themselves in the PAL region. bounce I was hoping for an EU release for both sequels, but things weren't so lucky. Sad

I didn't know that. Nintendo of Europe seems pretty cool in general for handling quite a few unknown niche games. The only games Nintendo of America brought over that were less known were Glory of Herucles, Girl's Mode/Style Savvy, Another Code/Trace Memory (sadly just the first game on DS), Magical Starsign, and Starfy. But these are all Nintendo titles. They have yet to bring over anything that's third party this gen (outside of DQIX and VI, but that's due to a deal with SquareEnix so I don't really count it). Crying or Very sad
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:18 pm

I may be getting a 3DS before I leave!
I'll probably be getting Ocarina of Time 3D with it if I do. I kind of wanted to play the original first, but all well. Razz
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Very nice! And I wouldn't worry so much about playing the original, it's still a fantastic adventure. One I need to beat someday Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:12 pm

So I had the money for a 3DS plus one game but Ocarina was sold out everywhere! Disappointed as I was, I opted out of getting a 3DS since I really wanted to play Ocarina and I didn't feel like getting the system by itself. The other games, while interesting, seemed a bit expensive for the amount of content, or so I heard. So that's that. Still planning on getting one eventually but now it's in the undetermined future. albino
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: