Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E3 Rumor: Sony Planning Announcement over Premium PSN Membership

3 posters

Go down

E3 Rumor: Sony Planning Announcement over Premium PSN Membership Empty E3 Rumor: Sony Planning Announcement over Premium PSN Membership

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 4:49 pm

It's been rumoured, and hinted at for quite awhile, but Sony could finally be set to announce a Premium Membership option if rumours, or VG247 are to be believed. According to them, an anonymous tipster (Who appears to be from the UK) has revealed that this could be in the works for Sony's show at E3.

E3 Rumor: Sony Planning Announcement over Premium PSN Membership 664

For anyone worried, it appears that no existing features will be removed from PSN if you decide against paying for a Premium Subscription, with the "Source" supposedly saying that "There's nothing in the premium package which will gimp regular PSN users,". It's also said the yearly cost will be "Less than £50" and that this will go towards brand new features and Bonus Downloads, such as 2-4 free PSN games each month.

Among other information supposedly leaked, the source has denied that the long rumoured Cross-game Voice Chat, saying on the subject that "I can tell you now, 100 percent, that that's not the case", which is good news.

Of course, this is all idle speculation right now so take this information with a grain of salt, but considering Sony's reputation for leaks before E3, including most notably the PSP-Go, there may be some weight behind the rumours.

Source

Back to top Go down

E3 Rumor: Sony Planning Announcement over Premium PSN Membership Empty Re: E3 Rumor: Sony Planning Announcement over Premium PSN Membership

Post  Donth8 Mon May 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Free PSN games? Why can't Microsoft have free games instead of just discounts?
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

E3 Rumor: Sony Planning Announcement over Premium PSN Membership Empty Re: E3 Rumor: Sony Planning Announcement over Premium PSN Membership

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 pm

Donth8 wrote:Free PSN games? Why can't Microsoft have free games instead of just discounts?
Because Microsoft are tight pricks

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Wed May 19, 2010 12:53 am

Well, as long as the downloadables and new features are worthwhile, I might bite. I wonder what the US/CAN price is going to be and whether you can do membership on a monthly basis.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Wed May 19, 2010 1:38 am

I simply can't afford a monthly subscription to anything like this, even if I wanted to. And guess what? I'd rather buy games with that money. Razz
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19, 2010 7:15 am

Think about it like this. If that's true and costs £50 a year, and we do get 2-4 PSN games a month, that could break things even with how much those games would've costed and you'd be getting premium features but it does all come down to what they're offering. And of course if you can't afford it at all, well, none of what I just said would've mattered lol

I'll probably go for a premium subscription if I get enough money, and maybe drop Gold on my Xbox Live account

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum