Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RayStorm Remake Out Next Week

Go down

RayStorm Remake Out Next Week Empty RayStorm Remake Out Next Week

Post  Guest Sat May 01, 2010 11:30 am

A lot of names may come to mind when you mention Taito but the “Ray” Series may not be one of them. First released in 1994 to Arcades across Japan, RayForce was quite popular and received 2 sequels, RayStorm and RayCrisis in 1997 and 2000 respectively.

Now, among a lot of the other recent retro revivals by Taito, it seems that the 2nd game in the series, RayStorm is next. Announced last summer, the remake will be based on the PS1 version of the game and features updated HD graphics alongside an Arcade mode, an Extra Mode and a Ranking Mode.

RayStorm Remake Out Next Week 041

The game will be released on May 5th for the XBLA and PSN and will be available at $15/1200 Microsoft Points.

Source

Back to top Go down

RayStorm Remake Out Next Week Empty Re: RayStorm Remake Out Next Week

Post  soaring_wings Sat May 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Yeah, retro revivals seems to be really popular now. With adventure games making a come-back on the DS and things like Etrian Odyssey, New Super Mario Bros., 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Retro Game Challenge. Rogue-likes also seem to be getting a push in the west again with Shiren and Izuna. There also seem to be a lot more platformers (a genre I thought was going to die out with the advent of 3D): things like Kolona Wii, A Boy and His Blob, Drawn to Life, Wario: Shake It, etc. I really happy because the revival brings back some of my favourite genres. :3
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down