Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Games You've Bought

+6
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Tony
Donth8
Adminassassin
Ninty
soaring_wings
10 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Latest Games You've Bought - Page 6 Empty Re: Latest Games You've Bought

Post  Tony Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:33 pm

yeah it's dual layered Ninty.

And Terra, yeah it's only happened once so far, so I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best Neutral
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:11 pm

I stopped by Toy'R'Us today.....I knew I shouldn't have....and found Klonoa (Wii) for 20$. I wouldn't have bought it since I'm trying to cut back, but the game is rare and for 20 I did not have the will power to resist. Oh well, I've heard it's great so at least it's money well spent. tongue
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:24 pm

I knew I shouldn't, but I pulled a Sora/Feenie today and bought like 4!!!! games today. lol

Got:
Fable II (360, new for $20)
Left 4 Dead (360, used for $15)
Max Payne (XBOX, used for $3.50)
Crimsom Skies (XBOX, used for $2.50)
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:54 am

I used to play Max Payne a LOT. sweet game
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Too bad it won't play in my 360. T.T
(see Venting Thoughts and Feelings Thread)
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:34 am

Getting the Limited Edition of Halo Reach on Sept. 14th Smile
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:47 pm

I'm in an Adventure, Interactive Novel sort of mood with games right now (Weird, I know), so I went and bought Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Time Hollow and Professor Layton & The Curious Village earlier. TBH, this mood kicked in because I'm being given a review copy of "Last Window - The Secret of Cape West" to, well, review for Nintendo Life and I went off and ordered Hotel Dusk: Room 215 so I could compare the two in the review when necessary.

This will almost certainly be disrupting my progress in 358/2 Days but I think It'll be alright. I also bought Jam In The Band and that Cooking Guide "Game" because they were so cheap (About £8 altogether).

I really shouldn't spend any more money on games for quite awhile. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Everyone is pulling a Sora/Feenie these days. Be more like me and not spend money. tongue
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Curse you and your buying European games that aren't in NA!! (Last Window and Jam with the Band). Sure it's not that big a deal to import DS games. (But you also got Disaster: Day of Crisis T.T ) What's with that switch-up, we used to always get more games? Razz
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:51 am

@Donth8 - It's not that easy!!!! But I think I've got my fix now of new games so I can hold off for awhile. I'm formulating a new list of games to beat (A fair few of them are short games admittedly but at least I'll have cleared them) which span across all I own platforms bar the Xbox 360 (Nothing much in my library interests me) and the PSP. I beat 18 in my previous list out of 36 before giving up, this time I have 40 and I'm dedicated, even if I have less free time.

@Admin - It's about time too!! Razz

Euro gamers know the frustrations of games not being released here but in the US rather well, so to get some exclusives (And some pretty good ones at that) is rather nice. But like you said, at least it's not a big deal for importing games with the DS. I have imported a couple before, most notably Trauma Centre: Under The Knife 2 , although I do sympathise with you about the Wii games like Disaster. (ATLUS, GIVE US TRAUMA TEAM ALREADY!!!!!!!!!) Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Got Final Fantasy XII for the PS2. tongue
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Donth8 wrote:Got Final Fantasy XII for the PS2. tongue
Nice. I have that for my PS2 but I never got too far with it. Sadly enough, I made much better progress on XII: Revenant Wings (Can't beat this one particular stage, 7-4).

Also, someone needs to virtual slap me as I bought another DS game. Rolling Eyes

I think this one is justifiable though as it was The World Ends With You (Plus, like with AAI, the prices seem to keep going up lately so it was lucky I fond a copy as cheap as it was, which still wasn't that cheap lol). My first gaming priority now (Outside NL reviews) is to beat this stack of DS games.

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:20 am

God help you.

But seriously I didn't dig that one. *shivers from painful memories*
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:24 am

Neutral I hope you enjoy it.

I beat it, b/c I had nothing better to do at the time lol.

It's not a bad game, it just could have been much better.

(Basch ftw!!!!)
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:08 am

From what I can tell from these comments, you guys didn't like FFXII that much.

I played the first 30-45 minutes of the game and I put it down already. tongue

I don't like the battle system and not being able to invert the x-axis is just ugh. Also, the character designs aren't that great if you ask me.

@Terra I got my copy of TWEWY for $25 brand new and that was a long time ago when it was announced DS GOTY '08 and when it was really easy to find. tongue
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:48 pm

The story's most interesting part was the opening cutscene (lol) and while the battle system was ok (IMO) leveling was a HUGE pain due to the low amount received fighting enemies that were appropiately difficult and the leveling system in gerneral was PAINFULLY complex and ridiculous.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Soar probably said it best;
That it plays like a MMO, which it does.

Anyway, I'm getting stuck on multiple RPGs.

I'M DROWNING IN A SEA OF RPGS (I know that was really deep am I right?)
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Terra wrote:I'm in an Adventure, Interactive Novel sort of mood with games right now (Weird, I know), so I went and bought Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Time Hollow and Professor Layton & The Curious Village earlier. TBH, this mood kicked in because I'm being given a review copy of "Last Window - The Secret of Cape West" to, well, review for Nintendo Life and I went off and ordered Hotel Dusk: Room 215 so I could compare the two in the review when necessary.

All great games~
I really liked Professor Layton (still need to pick up Diabolical Box) and Hotel Dusk had a pretty good story. I really liked how all the characters were connected in Hotel Dusk. :3 I have a copy of Time Hollow (had it since day 1 actually ^^;;; ), but I haven't gotten around to playing. Nevertheless, I've heard great things about it too and the writer is really well known in Japan for her stories in video games from what I've heard.

Terra wrote:@Admin - It's about time too!! Razz

Euro gamers know the frustrations of games not being released here but in the US rather well, so to get some exclusives (And some pretty good ones at that) is rather nice. But like you said, at least it's not a big deal for importing games with the DS. I have imported a couple before, most notably Trauma Centre: Under The Knife 2 , although I do sympathise with you about the Wii games like Disaster. (ATLUS, GIVE US TRAUMA TEAM ALREADY!!!!!!!!!) Mad

Well now we know how it feels and it sucks. I still want Another Code R. Sad
Now that Admin has mentioned Last Window, it looks like for Nintendo games, it's the text adventures that aren't being brought over to USA. I'm sure the majority of gamers don't care, but I like text adventures, so I'm really sad that we aren't getting these even though there is already an English localization. Sad

Cool. I still need to beat it. It's not as bad as everyone makes it sound, but it's definitely not a traditional Final Fantasy. The battle system feels like an MMO (probably because they used the FFXI as a base for this one).

Terra wrote:
I think this one is justifiable though as it was The World Ends With You (Plus, like with AAI, the prices seem to keep going up lately so it was lucky I fond a copy as cheap as it was, which still wasn't that cheap lol). My first gaming priority now (Outside NL reviews) is to beat this stack of DS games.

You'll enjoy it. TWEWY is one of the best games on DS. So don't feel bad. lol.

And I did the same thing, just bought another DS game and I now have a nice and very big stack of DS games I need to finish. ^^;;;

Also this:
Tony wrote:I'M DROWNING IN A SEA OF RPGS (I know that was really deep am I right?)

So what new game did I buy? SMT: Strange Journey. I've been meaning to buy it, and I've finally got around to it. I just don't know when I'll have the time to finish all these RPGs. ^^;;;
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:15 am

Donth8 wrote:@Terra I got my copy of TWEWY for $25 brand new and that was a long time ago when it was announced DS GOTY '08 and when it was really easy to find. tongue
Mad Razz

soaring_wings wrote:
Terra wrote:I'm in an Adventure, Interactive Novel sort of mood with games right now (Weird, I know), so I went and bought Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Time Hollow and Professor Layton & The Curious Village earlier. TBH, this mood kicked in because I'm being given a review copy of "Last Window - The Secret of Cape West" to, well, review for Nintendo Life and I went off and ordered Hotel Dusk: Room 215 so I could compare the two in the review when necessary.

All great games~
I really liked Professor Layton (still need to pick up Diabolical Box) and Hotel Dusk had a pretty good story. I really liked how all the characters were connected in Hotel Dusk. :3 I have a copy of Time Hollow (had it since day 1 actually ^^;;; ), but I haven't gotten around to playing. Nevertheless, I've heard great things about it too and the writer is really well known in Japan for her stories in video games from what I've heard.
I've heard that about Time Hollow as well, so after Hotel Dusk and Last Window (Because of the review), I'm going straight to that. I'm surprised you haven't gotten around to it yet, maybe it's time to take that step.

Soaring Wings wrote:
Terra wrote:@Admin - It's about time too!! Razz

Well now we know how it feels and it sucks. I still want Another Code R. Sad
Now that Admin has mentioned Last Window, it looks like for Nintendo games, it's the text adventures that aren't being brought over to USA. I'm sure the majority of gamers don't care, but I like text adventures, so I'm really sad that we aren't getting these even though there is already an English localization. Sad
Ah yes, Another Code, I'd forgotten about that one (Must. Resist. Urge. To. Buy. Both. Games... Shocked) . It is a shame that they're not getting released over there, these are quality titles, but at least you can import the DS games like Last Window, unlike Another Code R sadly. What you say about not getting it despite their being an English localization, that's what gets me annoyed when it comes to Europe missing out on the games. Sure, it may not be such a problem for Euro gamers who don't speak english or live in an English speaking country but for those in the UK, it's gets frustrating.

Soaring Wings wrote:
Terra wrote:

You'll enjoy it. TWEWY is one of the best games on DS. So don't feel bad. lol.

And I did the same thing, just bought another DS game and I now have a nice and very big stack of DS games I need to finish. ^^;;;
I've played it before and loved it so I know what I'm getting into here (Man, giving my friend the copy back was difficult lol). Only got about 5-6 hours into it but that was simply fantastic stuff.

Soaring Wings wrote:So what new game did I buy? SMT: Strange Journey. I've been meaning to buy it, and I've finally got around to it. I just don't know when I'll have the time to finish all these RPGs. ^^;;;
How is it? I've never played an SMT title before.

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Terra wrote:I've heard that about Time Hollow as well, so after Hotel Dusk and Last Window (Because of the review), I'm going straight to that. I'm surprised you haven't gotten around to it yet, maybe it's time to take that step.

It's because I was busy when I got it and decided to wait till I had more time....that never really worked out. ^^;;;;
I'll have to make a mental note to start it after RPGFest.

Terra wrote:Ah yes, Another Code, I'd forgotten about that one (Must. Resist. Urge. To. Buy. Both. Games... Shocked) . It is a shame that they're not getting released over there, these are quality titles, but at least you can import the DS games like Last Window, unlike Another Code R sadly. What you say about not getting it despite their being an English localization, that's what gets me annoyed when it comes to Europe missing out on the games. Sure, it may not be such a problem for Euro gamers who don't speak english or live in an English speaking country but for those in the UK, it's gets frustrating.

Yeah, it is frustrating and I don't mean to justify Nintendo and other companies here, but I can understand them (from a money perspective) not releasing titles in Europe because they still needed to translate the text into a few other languages, and they have some kind of weird policy that EURO release means all of Europe (or most of Europe), but with North America, there is only one language (excluding Quebec & Mexico, but there have never been a French/Spanish language option to begin with except in a few rare games), so they don't have anything else left to do except manufacturing the actual games. Which brings me to my point: I could see Nintendo Europe not wanting to invest in translating for a few other languages and thus not bothering to release a game, but Nintendo America has no such problem. So it strikes me as weird, even if text adventures aren't profitable, most of the work has already been done, so they might as well release it here and help NoE make more money off their localization. Plus North American market is much bigger (population-wise) than a UK-only European market, so again, I could understand NoE not releasing something, but it's just weird for NoA. Either way, it sucks when games aren't brought over. :/ Although on the other side of things, I can understand NoA not bringing over text adventures because they don't do well....although, I thought Trace Memory/Another Code did pretty well for a first gen DS game and Hotel Dusk did well in general because they did a reprint of it under the touch generation line, so again, I just don't understand why they refuse to release these games here. Neutral

Terra wrote:
How is it? I've never played an SMT title before.

Me neither. I haven't started it yet and probably won't for some time since I want to finish Devil Survivor first....
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 am

Bought Halo Reach online from Toys R Us on the 7th, (Limited Edition since G-stop as a company was sold out) and it should arrive at the latest the 22nd Crying or Very sad

Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:44 pm

I only go to Toys R Us because of Babies R Us. Smile

You guys need to stop spending your munnies on stuff.tongue

Anyways, I got Sin & Punishment: Star Successor for the Wii and I got Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories for the PS2. cat
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:15 am

Darksideeeeee Chronicles! Very Happy
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:53 am

Oh yeah, I bought Metroid Other M two weeks ago. I'm trying to refrain from buying any other games for the rest of the year. Gotta save some stuff.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Finally got my own copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) and bought Mario Power Tennis (GC) cat

Last edited by Donth8 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected that atrocious spelling error)
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next