Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there anything even any good on TV anymore?

+6
Reala
Ninty
Adminassassin
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Donth8
Tony
10 posters

Go down

Is there anything even any good on TV anymore? Empty Is there anything even any good on TV anymore?

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Seems to me TV is pretty bland, but if you have something awesome you'd like to share, please do. I'd really like to find something to watch when I'm bored and only half-heartedly playing Pokemon. :3

Last edited by Vapor Snake on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Is there anything even any good on TV anymore? Empty Re: Is there anything even any good on TV anymore?

Post  Tony Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:29 pm

I know right? Baseball is the only thing I use the TV for. Besides videogames Wink
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Is there anything even any good on TV anymore? Empty Re: Is there anything even any good on TV anymore?

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Yeah. Luckily we have baseball and video games or there'd be no reason for me to have one. lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Last edited by Terra on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 pm

I'm Canadian so I obviously like hockey but I also watch football because I like football...and the cheerleaders.

LOST season finale is almost here. After that, no more good shows I'm afraid.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Let me tell you this. There is nothing good on TV, period. The only reason why I even use my TV is for video games, that's it.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:46 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Let me tell you this. There is nothing good on TV, period. The only reason why I even use my TV is for video games, that's it.
This.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:50 am

Why don't you guys watch Scrubs?
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:33 am

Last edited by Terra on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Reala Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:50 am

Well I only really watch animations, the occasional movie and classic British comedies on TV, as for new shows other than new episodes of US animations and the odd documentary, not much else interests me, too much reality TV and soaps over here.
Reala
Reala
Kricket Inductee
Kricket Inductee

Back to top Go down

Is there anything even any good on TV anymore? Empty I don't watch TV

Post  soaring_wings Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:23 pm

If there is something I want to watch, I do it online. No annoying commercials, and I can watch when I want and as many episodes as I want. The only time I ever use my TV is for video games or movies, and sometimes I randomly watch the news if my parents are watching it.

Phoenix you should watch some anime if you're bored, we have a recommendation thread up on here. Wink
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Phoe, why don't you watch Clerks? That's a really good movie.

Terra, i'm kinda new to Scrubs, I've seen episodes up to season 3. I've heard weird things about Season 9. Cox is still there, right?
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:08 pm

I've watched season 1 of Scrubs and liked it. Just not had the oppurtunity/money to get other seasons and don't watch Tv to watch the apparently bad new season.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Last edited by Terra on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Don't forget about those good ol' Saturday morning cartoons.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Roopa132 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Well I personally only watch english TV shows online because I live in Germany, where there is nothing good on TV.
My current favorite show is The Big Bang Theory. It's not everybody's humor but if you're into geeky socially awkward humor you'll like it Razz
Roopa132
Roopa132
Kricket Inductee
Kricket Inductee

http://www.nintendolife.com/users/Roopa132

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Roopa132 wrote:Well I personally only watch english TV shows online because I live in Germany, where there is nothing good on TV.
My current favorite show is The Big Bang Theory. It's not everybody's humor but if you're into geeky socially awkward humor you'll like it Razz

well that sounds like something for Vapor! (don't kill me~)
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:32 pm

4 episodes of Lost left. After this, I'll just be using my tv for videogames and movies.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Actually I do have some suggestions.

Battlestar Galactica. (The newer one) I loved it. I still need to finish the series, but its a great one.

MLB Network Razz

and uh. I forgot the other one :X
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:29 am

I recently finished Firefly, which was excellent.

Now watching Supernatural Season 1, which I like, even if its a little too Scooby-Doo-esque formulaic.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:46 am

I just saw the season finale for season 2 of Nurse Jackie. That is an awesome show.

I refuse to pay for cable or dish once I move out. I never did before, I never will in the future unless there are some major changes to television. American cable has gotten so ridiculous with shoving worthless channels and commercials down your throat along with the numerous channel changes they run, there's no way I'm paying for it. I don't want an enormous bill at the end of the month for thousands of channels when in my lifetime I've only ever been a fan of maybe a dozen or so. Then, Netflix sounds like a good solution, but the problem is that you're paying for Guano that's always a year behind.

Conclusion: television sucks.
Valentine
Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Survivor: Nicaragua is almost here.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Reala Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Mongrels an adult comedy with puppets just finished series 1, personally I loved it, crude silly humour just the way I like it.

mongrels BBC website
Reala
Reala
Kricket Inductee
Kricket Inductee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Reala wrote:Mongrels an adult comedy with puppets just finished series 1, personally I loved it, crude silly humour just the way I like it.

mongrels BBC website
I watched the whole series, loved it as well. Thought Vince was a particularly funny character

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:02 pm

Waterloo Road.
Starlight
Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down