Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound?

4 posters

Go down

Do you like this idea

Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? I_vote_lcap14%Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? I_vote_lcap29%Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? I_vote_lcap0%Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? I_vote_lcap57%Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? Empty Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound?

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Now we all know the chances of a book based off Earthbound is extremely slim, but imagine that it could happen? Would you think it's a good idea?

I would say it would be an brillant idea. It has a unique story that anyone can apperatice and I'm sure that it'll find a bigger audience there then it ever did on the video game scene.

What about you? Now I'm not going to be making a story based off Earthbound because of this, but this is just an idea and I want to know if you like it or not.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? Empty Sorry, man

Post  Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:48 pm

I don't think video games transfer well into anything else, so I'm going no. :3

Back to top Go down

Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? Empty Book of all things?

Post  Adminassassin Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:07 pm

I'd say a movie or especially an anime first. Besides Halo, you don't see too many VG to Book adaptations.
Also, moving this thread to Video Games...
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? Empty Re: Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound?

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Adminassassin wrote:I'd say a movie or especially an anime first. Besides Halo, you don't see too many VG to Book adaptations.
Also, moving this thread to Video Games...

Doesn't Magna count as a VG to Book adaptation? If so, I'm thinking that this game should go a step further into something like an novel.

I also really doubt that movie or an anime is possible now. Given Nintendo's notrious reputation for ignoring the series, they're probably trying to avoid reveiling the series to the public as much as possible and that would defindently be a way to reveil the franchise to the whole world. However, fans of the series are making a fan-made movie based off the game. They're called EarthboundTheMovie, or something like that. There are currently little information regarding the movie, but it is in production.

But yeah, we're getting off-topic so let's stop before things get out of hand.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? Empty Re: Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound?

Post  Ninty Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:38 am

Warning: This book stinks. Or. It is like living in your gym shoes.
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Do you think it would be an good idea to make a book based off Earthbound? Empty I'll get back to you on that.

Post  Donth8 Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:22 am

I haven't played Earthbound so I can't really say if a book adaption of the game would go well. It also depends on the author's writing skills.

..so I'll get back to you on that.
Donth8
Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Smash Bros. Fan Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:02 pm

Ninty wrote:Warning: This book stinks. Or. It is like living in your gym shoes.

If a book were to be made off the game, I doubt they would say something like that. Nintendo knows how to adversite and they'll probably do it a lot better then they did originally.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down