Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!
Kricket Stomp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Square Enix “Undecided” on FFV and FFVI Remakes for DS

4 posters

Go down

Square Enix “Undecided” on FFV and FFVI Remakes for DS Empty Square Enix “Undecided” on FFV and FFVI Remakes for DS

Post  Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 am

Square-Enix have developed a reputation over the years for remaking their classic games, more notably with their earlier Final Fantasy games onto smaller screens. More recently, using development teams from Matrix Software, they've released full 3D remakes on the DS for both Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV. This has lead to speculation that Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI would receive similar treatments.

Square Enix “Undecided” on FFV and FFVI Remakes for DS S28570_nds_87
Japanese Screenshot from Final Fantasy III

Square-Enix haven't said much before regarding the possibility of DS remakes for these games. However, recently on the company's Twitter page, SE producer Shinji Hashimoto has made an interesting remark, saying that “For FF5 and 6, there are technical issues as well, so at present these are also undecided.”. Just what these technical issues are is unknown for the time being, so hopefully we'll here more on the subject in the future.

Source

Back to top Go down

Square Enix “Undecided” on FFV and FFVI Remakes for DS Empty Re: Square Enix “Undecided” on FFV and FFVI Remakes for DS

Post  soaring_wings Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:17 pm

damn you square-enix! I want V and VI on my DS NOW! (and while you're at it give us DQVI & IX already!)

More seriously though, if that's the case, they should wait for 3DS. It would also be nice if they remade DQVII for 3DS as well, seeing as that is now the only game that never got a North American release. I guess they could also push it onto the PSP, but I would prefer that those pre-FFVII FFs remained on Nintendo systems...but I guess that's the little fangirl in me talking.

I'm kind of curious as to what these technical difficulties are. I know V and VI were bigger games, but DQIX is suppose to be big as well (I've heard Japanese gamers logged 100 hours on average) and it's has nice graphics and customization (clothing/weapon graphics change depending on the stuff equipped). If they could fit all that into the DS cart, I don't see why the 4GB cart wouldn't be enough. That, or SE are just saying it's technical when it's more strategic, since the existence of the 3DS is now known and sales could be ruined with a new handheld on the horizon. I wouldn't put it passed them.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Square Enix “Undecided” on FFV and FFVI Remakes for DS Empty Re: Square Enix “Undecided” on FFV and FFVI Remakes for DS

Post  Tony Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:25 pm

@ Soar,

There has been speculation that the DS cannot handle what they want to use with V and VI.

So they may be waiting for the 3DS.

..Which would be mean.
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Yeah, as I posted on NL, it's more likely that SE is waiting for the 3DS to come out to release the games on that at a higher price point.
Adminassassin
Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Adminassassin wrote:Yeah, as I posted on NL, it's more likely that SE is waiting for the 3DS to come out to release the games on that at a higher price point.

yeah, which is what I think as well. I don't see how 4GB isn't enough to fit FFV with FFIV graphics. That to me is a load of BS. I think SE is just saying it's technical because they don't want to hear b**ching from the fans.
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:08 pm

That makes me sad.

I was hoping they'd redo V and then VI and then VII...

Can you imagine how much money Square would make on a DS version of FINAL FANTASY VII?

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Think ps3 remake of VII.

Square does want to do that believe it or not...

Its all about the man power though :/
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Tony wrote:Think ps3 remake of VII.

Square does want to do that believe it or not...

Its all about the man power though :/

I really do wonder about that. They've been teasing the possibility ever since the PS3 launched. I remain skeptical and think it won't happen. I mean if they wanted to do it, they would have started by now seeing how popular the game is and how long fans have been asking. But I guess it's never too late since this generation seems to be around for quite some time. So who knows, I guess I think logically if they were going to do it, it would have been done/started by now. I guess I'm also quite pessimistic about it because SE executive always evade questions about an HD FFVII. If they were planning on doing it, they would say so instead of going, "maybe.lololol. we shall see."
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat May 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Well Soar, I'll reply to you the same way I did to Vapor and Admin in chat about that remake.

http://kotaku.com/5499449/ceo-well-explore-the-possibility-of-final-fantasy-vii-remake

Razz
Tony
Tony
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings Mon May 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Tony wrote:Well Soar, I'll reply to you the same way I did to Vapor and Admin in chat about that remake.

http://kotaku.com/5499449/ceo-well-explore-the-possibility-of-final-fantasy-vii-remake

Razz

I just want to point out that I read Siliconera (the source for the article you posted) and my "maybe. lolololol. we shall see" comment was based on that news. Razz

Note the way, the CEO words it, "we'll look into it/explore the possibility". Whenever a CEO says that, it's usually a nice way of saying no. I'm not trying to dash your hopes, it's just in my experience that exact phrase has 9/10 times led to nothing.

It would be nice to have the remake on PS3, but I if they still haven't seriously started it (especially given that they used FFVII's opening as a tech demo for the crystal/white engine), I just don't have the optimism to think they really are going to do it. silent
soaring_wings
soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty Tue May 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Sucks for V...I might have bought if they did make a remake of it.
Ninty
Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum